Fringe Notes: 23/08/10
Monday 23 August 2010
DC Moore's Honest a darkly funny 45-minute monologue of barely contained rage, performed in the snug at Milnes Bar on Hanover Street against the hubbub of a busy working pub.
*Stephen Poliakoff drops into Charlotte Square Gardens later today to talk about his film Glorious 39 and the secrets of a television epic. Hilary Mantel, billed in the programme as "the most successful Booker winner yet", speaks this morning.
*Phillip Breen, who directed Party and Stefan Golaszewski is a Widower last year, is back at the Fringe with Rachel Rose Reid: I'm Hans Christian Andersen. It's a classy production – one woman on a stage, bare but for an old-fashioned Bush radio, weaving fairy tales with contemporary love stories and Joni Mitchell.
Artists unveils new exhibition inspired by Hastings beachart
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Pro-Russian rebel 'admits to shooting down plane'
- 2 Louis van Gaal gets tough with Manchester United players, with Darren Fletcher and Luke Shaw berated in public and Phil Jones left looking bemused
- 3 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 4 Peaches Geldof inquest: Tragic final moments of socialite's life reveal she lied to husband about failed heroin tests
- 5 Israel has discovered that it's no longer so easy to get away with murder in the age of social media
What are the worst 'Word Crimes'?
Hercules, review: Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson takes centre stage in preposterous film
Fight Club 2: Chuck Palahniuk sequel is a 'meta-fictional comment on the cultural response to the original'
Noel Fielding's 'Luxury Comedy': A land of the outright bizarre
Can Secret Cinema sell 80,000 'Back to the Future' tickets?
Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 crash: 'Nine Britons, 23 Americans and 80 children' feared dead after Boeing passenger jet is 'shot down' near Ukraine-Russia border
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Vladimir Putin is given 'one last chance' to end hostilities in Ukraine
The 'scroungers’ fight back: The welfare claimants battling to alter stereotypes
The truth about conspiracy theories is that some require considering
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Ukrainian military jet was flying close to passenger plane before it was shot down, says Russian officer
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Massive rise in sale of British arms to Russia