Everybody's talking about...Shopping Centre
The Gilded Balloon, Edinburgh
Wednesday 25 July 2012
Why is everybody talking about it?The award-winning stand-up Matthew Osborn stars in his new
one-man play about a loner who finds comfort in a shopping centre
until it descends into a riot of sex and violence.
Is it worth the hype? Yes. Osborn hit the comedy circuit in 2002, won So You Think You're Funny that year and was named 2009 English Comedian.
Watch out for? The actor who plays dead on stage for 50 minutes.
1 to 26 August (www.gildedballoon.co.uk)
Review: Imaginative storytelling returns with vigourfilm
Bannatyne leaves Dragon's DenTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Why I'm on the brink of burning my Israeli passport
- 2 War is war: Why I stand with Israel
- 3 L'Oreal cuts ties with Belgium supporter Axelle Despiegelaere after hunting trip photographs
- 4 World Cup 2014: Robin van Persie appears to give his bronze medal to eccentric Netherlands fan moments after being handed it by Sepp Blatter
- 5 Iraq crisis: How Saudi Arabia helped Isis take over the north of the country
Sustained immigration has not harmed Britons' employment, say government advisers
War is war: Why I stand with Israel
7/7 memorial defaced on anniversary of 2005 attacks with ‘Blair lied thousands died’ graffiti
Australia facing international condemnation after turning around Sri Lankans at sea
Even when it brutalises one of its own teenage citizens, America is helpless against Israel
Socialist Worker called to apologise over ‘vile’ article saying Eton schoolboy Horatio Chapple's death is ‘reason to save the polar bears’