Cultural Life: Emilia Fox, actress
Friday 27 March 2009
I came out of 'Slumdog Millionaire' uplifted. 'Kramer vs Kramer' is my favourite film ever.
I love crime dramas like 'Inspector Morse'. I've recorded the 'Red Riding' trilogy. I have an interest in 'Lewis', the 'Morse' spin-off, starring my cousin Laurence Fox. I'm a fan of the American series 'The Wire', 'Mad Men' and 'The Sopranos'.
Classical music is my longest love, especially anything with a cello. I played it as a girl. Elgar's Cello Concerto is a favourite piece.
I loved 'The Memory Keeper's Daughter' by Kim Edwards about a father who decides to give his Down's child away. I'm about to read Josephine Hart's 'The Truth About Love'.
My mum Joanna David is in Alan Ayckbourn's 'Woman In Mind' in the West End, about a woman who has a nervous breakdown. She has a real and a fantasy family. My mum plays her real sister-in-law. I saw 'Sympatico' at the Red Lion Pub; I like that intimate theatre experience.
Emilia Fox is the Ambassador for Galaxy's Irresistible Reads campaign. For information on the one-million-book giveaway, see www.galaxybookclub.co.uk
Review: Imaginative storytelling returns with vigourfilm
Bannatyne leaves Dragon's DenTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Why I'm on the brink of burning my Israeli passport
- 2 Israel-Gaza conflict: ‘Sderot cinema’ image shows Israelis with popcorn and chairs 'cheering as missiles strike Palestinian targets'
- 3 Blackest is the new black: Scientists have developed a material so dark that you can't see it...
- 4 Iraq crisis: How Saudi Arabia helped Isis take over the north of the country
- 5 Barack Obama fist bumps Texas restaurant employee in support of gay rights
Sustained immigration has not harmed Britons' employment, say government advisers
War is war: Why I stand with Israel
Even when it brutalises one of its own teenage citizens, America is helpless against Israel
Socialist Worker called to apologise over ‘vile’ article saying Eton schoolboy Horatio Chapple's death is ‘reason to save the polar bears’
Emergency data law: David Cameron plots to bring back snoopers’ charter
NUT strike: David Cameron announces crackdown on strike action ahead of mass industrial action
- < Previous
- Next >