Observations: The top parties of 2008
Friday 19 December 2008
1. He even makes a sling look cool: Daniel Craig and Satsuki Mitchell attend the Quantum of Solace party at Battersea Power Station.
2. The Booker Prize jury put on a united front at the Guildhall ceremony. Look, Hardeep Singh Kohli has matched his turban to Louise Doughty's bra.
3. Tracey Emin and Julian Schnabel were among the arterati at the opening of the new Saatchi gallery. The only man missing was Charles himself.
4. The ever shy and retiring Grayson Perry finds that this year's Turner Prize bash at Tate Britain is not quite to his particular taste.
5. "You're my beshtesht friend..." This Is England director Shane Meadows and his producer Mark Herbert do some sterling "networking" at the London Film Festival.
6. The Serpentine Party, where art, couture and hedge funds mingle. Here, hostess and Abramovich squeeze Dasha Zhukova meets starchitect Lord Rogers.
7. Alice Dellal: winner of this year's professional party animal award.
8. Best Newcomer Adele is initiated, blinking, into the limelight by drag DJ Jodie Harsh at the Brit Awards party. With a mentor like that what could possibly go wrong?
Robin Thicke admits he didn't write 'Blurred Lines'music
Review: Cilla, ITV TV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Scottish independence live: Scotland gives a clear 'No' in historic referendum - as it happened
- 2 Scottish referendum results: David Cameron set to unveil major devolution of powers to England
- 3 iOS 8 is full of shiny new features - but it's terrible news for app developers
- 4 Scottish independence: Tory revolt against 'devo max' grows as Rail Minister Claire Perry joins
- 5 Hitler’s former food taster reveals the horrors of the Wolf’s Lair
Game of Thrones star Maisie Williams cast in Channel 4 drama about cyber bullying
Downton Abbey: Liam Neeson wants role as stableman in period drama
Star Wars 7 leaked photo of Adam Driver changes everything
The Walking Dead season 5 synopsis: Spoilers and existential questions revealed
Friends 20th anniversary: Six things we wouldn't have without influential comedy series
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter
Scottish independence: The Queen breaks silence on referendum debate – as think tank warns of £14bn black hole if Scotland votes Yes
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'