Harry Potter shop to open on platform 9¾
Wand-er through the magical store from Saturday
London's King’s Cross station is due to get its own little slice of Hogsmeade this weekend when a Harry Potter Shop selling official merchandise opens.
‘The Harry Potter Shop’ is situated near the platform 9 ¾ trolley at the newly refurbished King’s Cross station and will open on Saturday 15 December.
Muggles can buy wands, robes, uniforms, golden platform 9 ¾ tickets and other Potter collectibles.
The shop’s wooden floor and panelled walls have taken a chapter out of Jack Wills' book and hark back to traditional Hogwarts school days.
Crack out the Butter Beer.
sportLiverpool 5 Norwich City 1: Uruguayan striker has now scored 11 league goals against the club
arts + entsOlivier-nominated actor and singer is set to star in Lloyd Webber's musical about the Profumo affair
filmWith more than 70 per cent of early films lost, archivists are scouring the world to preserve the precious examples that remain
sportThe coach of Chalfont St Peter's under-10s football team was relieved of his duties after he sent an email to parents that said: 'I am only interested in winning'
techA piece of new hi-tech kit aims to get us scribbling again
indybestMake getting out of the wrong side of bed on cold winter mornings a thing of the past with our selection of night-time covers
life + styleClarissa Baldwin is the brains behind the slogan 'A Dog is for Life not just for Christmas'
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 The hardwired difference between male and female brains could explain why men are 'better at map reading'
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 UK chef creates world's most expensive ready meal - a fish pie costing £314
- 4 Food poverty in UK has reached level of 'public health emergency', warn experts
- 5 I’m sure Kate Moss doesn't care about posing for Playboy. But I do