Iron Man 3 has record $21.5m opening in China
Friday 03 May 2013
Iron Man has outgunned the entire Avengers crew in China.
According to distributor Disney, Robert Downey Jr.'s solo sequel Iron Man 3 had a record opening in China with $21.5 million (£13.8 million) yesterday.
That tops the $17 million opening day for Transformers: Dark of the Moon. It also beats the $18 million haul that The Avengers took in over its first two days in China last year.
Since it began rolling out overseas last week, Iron Man 3 has climbed to $307.7 million worldwide. That's just a few million dollars shy of the international total Iron Man 2 pulled in over its entire run.
The film launches in American cinemas today.
tv Jenny Lee may have left, but Miranda Hart and the rest of the midwives deliver the goods
Film The critics but sneer but these unfashionable festive films are our favourites
TV We're so close to knowing what happened to Oliver Hughes, but a last-minute bluff crushes expectations
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Planes go hybrid-electric in important step to greener flight
- 2 Antonio Martin shooting: Police and protesters clash over teenager's death just five miles from Ferguson, Missouri
- 3 British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
- 4 Hip hop is both racial and political, and for Iggy Azalea to suggest otherwise is insulting
- 5 Man hospitalised with pneumonia after downing eggnog at office Christmas party
British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
Rozanne Duncan: Ukip expels councillor for 'jaw-dropping' comments made in BBC TV interview
Germany anti-Islam protests: 17,000 march on Dresden against 'Islamification of the West'
Ukip member gets into Christmas spirit with Union Flag plea to Santa 'for our country back'
BBC director Danny Cohen: Rising UK antisemitism makes me feel more uncomfortable than ever
Alex Salmond has 'broken his word to the Scottish people' says Scottish Lib Dem leader