Iron Man 3 has record $21.5m opening in China
Friday 03 May 2013
Iron Man has outgunned the entire Avengers crew in China.
According to distributor Disney, Robert Downey Jr.'s solo sequel Iron Man 3 had a record opening in China with $21.5 million (£13.8 million) yesterday.
That tops the $17 million opening day for Transformers: Dark of the Moon. It also beats the $18 million haul that The Avengers took in over its first two days in China last year.
Since it began rolling out overseas last week, Iron Man 3 has climbed to $307.7 million worldwide. That's just a few million dollars shy of the international total Iron Man 2 pulled in over its entire run.
The film launches in American cinemas today.
Review: Imaginative storytelling returns with vigourfilm
Bannatyne leaves Dragon's DenTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Game of Thrones author George RR Martin says 'f*** you' to fans who fear he will die before finishing Westeros saga
- 2 Loom bands: Bids for dress made from colourful rubber pass £170,000 on eBay
- 3 Why I'm on the brink of burning my Israeli passport
- 4 L'Oreal cuts ties with Belgium supporter Axelle Despiegelaere after hunting trip photographs
- 5 The true Gaza back-story that the Israelis aren’t telling this week
Sustained immigration has not harmed Britons' employment, say government advisers
War is war: Why I stand with Israel
7/7 memorial defaced on anniversary of 2005 attacks with ‘Blair lied thousands died’ graffiti
Australia facing international condemnation after turning around Sri Lankans at sea
Even when it brutalises one of its own teenage citizens, America is helpless against Israel
Socialist Worker called to apologise over ‘vile’ article saying Eton schoolboy Horatio Chapple's death is ‘reason to save the polar bears’