Q returns – and he's younger than ever
Friday 13 July 2012
Ben Whishaw will play Q in the next Bond film, Skyfall, in the youngest interpretation yet of 007's gadget man.
The actor, who was recently seen playing the title role in the BBC production of Shakespeare's Richard II, will ensure that Daniel Craig's Bond has all the latest technology.
He follows in the footsteps of John Cleese and Desmond Llewelyn, who played the part in 17 films. The Skyfall producers, Michael G Wilson and Barbara Broccoli, said: "It's a real thrill to confirm the return of Q in Skyfall played by the enormously talented Ben Whishaw.
"We are delighted to have this beloved character back."
The film, which opens in the UK and Ireland on 26 October, was filmed in London, Turkey and Scotland.
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 President of Argentina adopts Jewish godson to 'stop him turning into a werewolf'
- 2 The 'Black Museum': After 150 years, public set to see exhibits from police’s grisly crime museum
- 3 Stoke-on-Trent becomes first British city to be classified as 'disaster resilient' by the United Nations
- 4 Sir Winston Churchill’s family begged him not to convert to Islam, letter reveals
- 5 UK weather: 'Coldest night of the year' tonight as freezing temperatures plummet to -10C
Millions of Britons struggling to feed themselves and facing malnourishment
British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
Germany anti-Islam protests: 17,000 march on Dresden against 'Islamification of the West'
Ukip member gets into Christmas spirit with Union Flag plea to Santa 'for our country back'
Nigel Farage: Ukip leader named 'Briton of the year' by The Times
Immigrants make UK racist, says Ukip councillor Trevor Shonk