Q returns – and he's younger than ever
Friday 13 July 2012
Ben Whishaw will play Q in the next Bond film, Skyfall, in the youngest interpretation yet of 007's gadget man.
The actor, who was recently seen playing the title role in the BBC production of Shakespeare's Richard II, will ensure that Daniel Craig's Bond has all the latest technology.
He follows in the footsteps of John Cleese and Desmond Llewelyn, who played the part in 17 films. The Skyfall producers, Michael G Wilson and Barbara Broccoli, said: "It's a real thrill to confirm the return of Q in Skyfall played by the enormously talented Ben Whishaw.
"We are delighted to have this beloved character back."
The film, which opens in the UK and Ireland on 26 October, was filmed in London, Turkey and Scotland.
Review: Imaginative storytelling returns with vigourfilm
Bannatyne leaves Dragon's DenTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 World Cup 2014: 20 things we learned in Brazil
- 2 Why I'm on the brink of burning my Israeli passport
- 3 War is war: Why I stand with Israel
- 4 L'Oreal cuts ties with Belgium supporter Axelle Despiegelaere after hunting trip photographs
- 5 World Cup 2014: Robin van Persie gives his bronze medal to eccentric Netherlands fan moments after being handed it by Sepp Blatter
Sustained immigration has not harmed Britons' employment, say government advisers
War is war: Why I stand with Israel
7/7 memorial defaced on anniversary of 2005 attacks with ‘Blair lied thousands died’ graffiti
Australia facing international condemnation after turning around Sri Lankans at sea
Even when it brutalises one of its own teenage citizens, America is helpless against Israel
Socialist Worker called to apologise over ‘vile’ article saying Eton schoolboy Horatio Chapple's death is ‘reason to save the polar bears’