Q returns – and he's younger than ever
Friday 13 July 2012
Ben Whishaw will play Q in the next Bond film, Skyfall, in the youngest interpretation yet of 007's gadget man.
The actor, who was recently seen playing the title role in the BBC production of Shakespeare's Richard II, will ensure that Daniel Craig's Bond has all the latest technology.
He follows in the footsteps of John Cleese and Desmond Llewelyn, who played the part in 17 films. The Skyfall producers, Michael G Wilson and Barbara Broccoli, said: "It's a real thrill to confirm the return of Q in Skyfall played by the enormously talented Ben Whishaw.
"We are delighted to have this beloved character back."
The film, which opens in the UK and Ireland on 26 October, was filmed in London, Turkey and Scotland.
Arts & Ents blogs
Owen Howells is a DJ/producer who grew up in Australia but was born in the UK. He came back to the U...
Fancy seeing a play about serial killers? How about inviting a funeral director into your home for a...
There are a good many moments in the second episode of this psychological thriller that deserve refl...
- 1 What, let gays get married? We must be bonkers
- 2 'Something passed underneath us, quite close': Airbus A320 has close encounter with UFO
- 3 Rocky Horror star Tim Curry 'suffers major stroke'
- 4 Lord of the Sings: Sir Christopher Lee, 91, to release heavy metal album
- 5 Exclusive: Woolwich killings suspect Michael Adebolajo was inspired by cleric banned from UK after urging followers to behead enemies of Islam
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Nook is donating eReaders to volunteers at high-need schools and participating in exclusive events throughout the campaign.
Get the latest on The Evening Standard's campaign to get London's children reading.
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.