DVD & Blu Ray: Brave (PG)
Saturday 24 November 2012
While Brave looks okay it's also terribly meh.
A wilful Scottish medieval princess, Merida (Kelly Macdonald), is being forced into an arranged marriage by her well-meaning mother (Emma Thompson). So the ungrateful teen foolishly demands that a witch cast a spell "to change" her ma. This insipid effort, which feels like it's been assembled by an audience research team, is a severe disappointment.
Will explain back story to fictional kingdom Westeros
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Canadian actor punched in face after 'Islamophobia' experiment goes wrong in wake of Ottawa shooting
- 2 Topshop at centre of row over body image as 'shocking' skinny mannequin photo goes viral
- 3 Top Gear presenter Jeremy Clarkson criticised for beer tweet
- 4 Woman blinded as a child can see again after hitting her head on a coffee table
- 5 The bubble bursts for Sodastream
Pope Francis declares evolution and Big Bang theory are real and God is not 'a magician with a magic wand'
Huge surge in Ukip support after EU funding row, according to new poll
Ukip ‘exploiting grooming scandal’ to secure party’s first police chief
Nigel Farage: 'There’s nothing wrong with white people blacking up'
Maureen Lipman says 'she can't vote Labour while Ed Miliband is leader'
Muslims, immigration and teenage pregnancy: British people are ignorant about almost everything