DVD & Blu-ray: Margin Call (15)
Saturday 10 November 2012
JC Chandor's snappy drama, which bites like Glengarry Glen Ross, centres on Zachary Quinto's entry-level analyst unearthing a potentially ruinous high-risk project for his wealthy Manhattan firm.
He tells his boss (Kevin Spacey in his best role for over a decade) who, in turn, tells his unctuous boss (Jeremy Irons). This solemn, cerebral examination of the financial meltdown of 2008 fully deserved its Oscar nomination for best screenplay, and features nicely understated turns from Paul Bettany and Stanley Tucci.
Is the comedy album making a comeback?comedy
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 2 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 3 'Women should not laugh in public,' says Turkey's Deputy Prime Minister in morality speech
- 4 Ebola virus: UK health officials issue warning to doctors as experts admit the outbreak 'is not under control'
- 5 Ross Burden dead: MasterChef and Ready Steady Cook star dies at age 45 after suffering from cancer
Best TV shows on Netflix: 26 series to binge on
Led Zeppelin to release alternative Stairway To Heaven after 43 years
Best movies on Netflix UK and US: 32 films that will end your endless scrolling
Freddie Prinze Jr on 24: 'Kiefer Sutherland was the most unprofessional dude in the world – I hated every moment of it'
Coolio has sold his soul to Pornhub
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us
A new Russian revolution: The cracks are starting to appear in Putin’s Kremlin power bloc
- < Previous
- Next >