DVD & Blu-ray review: The Impossible (12)
Juan Antonio Bayona (114mins)
Friday 10 May 2013
Well-heeled Henry (Ewan McGregor) and Maria (Naomi Watts) and their young sons are holidaying in a Thai resort for their Christmas holidays when a deadly wave crashes through their hotel complex.
Maria and her oldest child, plucky Lucas (Tom Holland, very impressive), are swept one way; Henry and the smaller boys another. Juan Antonio Bayona's disaster movie about the 2004 Boxing Day Indian Ocean tsunami is distressing and deeply moving.
Robin Thicke admits he didn't write 'Blurred Lines'music
Review: Cilla, ITV TV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Daniele Watts: Django Unchained star's white boyfriend Brian Lucas confirms LAPD internally investigating 'racist' detainment
- 2 Isis release 'Flames of War' video warning Obama of attacks troops could face in Iraq
- 3 Pakistani passenger power forces two politicians off plane
- 4 Say yes to 'no-poo': It's been three years since I stopped washing my hair
- 5 John Travolta addresses former pilot's gay romance allegations publicly for the first time: 'That was the lowest I'd ever felt'
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'
Scottish independence: The Queen breaks silence on referendum debate – as think tank warns of £14bn black hole if Scotland votes Yes