DVD: Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close
Sunday 10 June 2012
When his father (Tom Hanks) is killed on 9/11, a precocious boy sets off around New York in search of people with the surname "Black", believing that one of them will impart a message from his dead dad.
Maybe it would have been impossible to film Jonathan Safran Foer's novel without making it whimsical and manipulative, but in Stephen (Billy Elliot, The Hours) Daldry's hands, the cutesy quirkiness reaches toxic levels.
Review: Of Mice and Men
By opportunistic local hoping to exhibit the work
Fans will be hoping the role finally wins him an Oscar
Arts & Ents blogs
Game of Thrones rape scene: George R. R. Martin says 'whole dynamic' was different in the book
The best movies on Netflix: 32 films that will end your endless scrolling
Game of Thrones season 4, episode 3, TV review - 'Enjoyable but no Purple Wedding'
Women take on Bear Grylls over 'sexist' male-only desert island show
Eurovision 2014 contestants: Meet all the acts from Molly Smitten-Downes to Conchita Wurst
Ukip election posters: Nigel Farage defends 'racist' campaign anti-immigration campaign ahead of Europe elections
Is Britain really a land of God? Furious debate after David Cameron claims we are a Christian country
An open letter to Nigel Farage: you may smile, but I am not seduced
'Sinful': Video of British Muslims dancing to Pharrell Williams's hit Happy comes under attack
Ukip leader Nigel Farage defends employing German wife, at launch of anti-immigration poster campaign
David Cameron's constituency office calls police on food bank campaigners Bishop of Oxford and Reverend Keith Hebden
- 1 David Cameron's constituency office calls police on food bank campaigners Bishop of Oxford and Reverend Keith Hebden
- 2 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 3 Women take on Bear Grylls over 'sexist' male-only desert island show
- 4 Ultra-Orthodox Jews are resisting new laws which force them to join the army
- 5 Malaysia Airlines flight MH370: Concerns grow among search officials that missing jet ‘may have landed somewhere else’