DVD: Happy Feet Two (U)
Friday 30 March 2012
Mumble the tap-dancing penguin and his Antarctica pals return for this lazy, confusing sequel.
This time around, a grown-up Mumble deals with the disappointment that his small son, Erik, doesn't crave to dance; instead, he hankers to fly like the Mighty Sven. However, bigger problems are afoot as an ice block crashes into their home, blocking the Emperor Penguins from the sea. To enliven the flimsy plot, tiresome, Glee-like song and dance routines are thrown in at any opportunity. An astonishing list of actors – Brad Pitt, Matt Damon, Robin Williams, Elijah Wood, Hugo Weaving – waste their vocal talents on this below-standard animation.
tv Jenny Lee may have left, but Miranda Hart and the rest of the midwives deliver the goods
Film The critics but sneer but these unfashionable festive films are our favourites
TV We're so close to knowing what happened to Oliver Hughes, but a last-minute bluff crushes expectations
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Planes go hybrid-electric in important step to greener flight
- 2 Antonio Martin shooting: Police and protesters clash over teenager's death just five miles from Ferguson, Missouri
- 3 British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
- 4 Hip hop is both racial and political, and for Iggy Azalea to suggest otherwise is insulting
- 5 Man hospitalised with pneumonia after downing eggnog at office Christmas party
British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
Rozanne Duncan: Ukip expels councillor for 'jaw-dropping' comments made in BBC TV interview
Germany anti-Islam protests: 17,000 march on Dresden against 'Islamification of the West'
Ukip member gets into Christmas spirit with Union Flag plea to Santa 'for our country back'
BBC director Danny Cohen: Rising UK antisemitism makes me feel more uncomfortable than ever
Alex Salmond has 'broken his word to the Scottish people' says Scottish Lib Dem leader