DVD: Happy Feet Two (U)
Friday 30 March 2012
Mumble the tap-dancing penguin and his Antarctica pals return for this lazy, confusing sequel.
This time around, a grown-up Mumble deals with the disappointment that his small son, Erik, doesn't crave to dance; instead, he hankers to fly like the Mighty Sven. However, bigger problems are afoot as an ice block crashes into their home, blocking the Emperor Penguins from the sea. To enliven the flimsy plot, tiresome, Glee-like song and dance routines are thrown in at any opportunity. An astonishing list of actors – Brad Pitt, Matt Damon, Robin Williams, Elijah Wood, Hugo Weaving – waste their vocal talents on this below-standard animation.
BBC Trust agrees to axe channel from TV in favour of digital moveTV
Final Top Gear reviewTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Florida man sentenced to two-and-a-half years for having sex on the beach in front of a child
- 2 Autistic teenager beaten up by bullies makes them watch 20-minute video about autism
- 3 Nick Kyrgios calls former Olympian Dawn Fraser a 'blatant racist' after she tells Wimbledon star to 'go back where their parents came from'
- 4 World learns of app that shows you who unfriended you on Facebook, app promptly crashes
- 5 Chris Moyles reportedly set to make radio comeback with new breakfast show on XFM
More Britons believe that multiculturalism makes the country worse - not better, says poll
Osborne to cap family benefits at £23,000 – announced ahead of his post-election Budget
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Sickness and disability benefits could be reduced by £30 a week as part of £12bn welfare cuts
Greece debt crisis: Angela Merkel and Francois Hollande issue Athens with 24-hour ultimatum to avoid crashing out of the euro
Greece crisis: Referendum exposes a gaping hole at the heart of the European Union – its lack of genuine legitimacy