DVD: Scott Pilgrim vs The World (12)
Friday 31 December 2010
If I told you Scott Pilgrim was a romantic action-comedy, based on a comic book and littered with indie rock and video games references, you probably wouldn't buy it.
But you should. It's right up there with Inception as one of the best films of last summer. Directed by Edgar Wright (Shaun of the Dead) and based on the graphic novel series by Bryan Lee O'Malley, the film follows Scott Pilgrim (Michael Cera) in his quest to win the heart of Ramona by defeating each of her Seven Evil Exes. The film's quirkiness won't appeal to all tastes, but it's easy to find yourself sucked into its offbeat universe and kaleidoscopic visuals.
Maisie Williams single-handedly rises to the challengeTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 2 Kim Kardashian on Bruce Jenner's 'story': 'We support him no matter what, and I think when the time is right, he'll talk'
- 3 Russian girl takes her own life after parents find pornography on her computer
- 4 Ball pool for adults opens in London
- 5 Amal Clooney gives excellent response to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights
9 reasons Greece's experiment with the radical left is doomed to failure
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
Have we reached 'peak food'? Shortages loom as global production rates slow
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
Liberal Democrat minister defends comments suggesting immigration causes pub closures