DVD: The Mechanic (15)
Friday 10 June 2011
"You're a goddamn machine," Donald Sutherland's rheumy-eyed former assassin Harry informs his protégé Arthur (Jason Statham) in Simon West's loud, dunderheaded actioner.
Why does Sutherland keep on starring in this sort of rot? At least he doesn't last terribly long, as Arthur is assigned (by his employers, a sinister organisation run by Tony Goldwyn's smarmy Dean) to dispose of him, which he does with little torment. He's a "machine", after all. Of course, he's made an gross error, so he corrects it by killing lots of people. He also sleeps with a prostitute. And trains his own (annoying) protégé, Steve (Ben Foster). Slick silliness.
Listen to his collaboration with Naughty Boymusic
Film review Michael Glatze biopic isn't about a self-hating gay man gone straight
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
- 2 Google April Fools': company unveils backwards search engine and huggable digital assistant
- 3 I might be an MP, but that doesn't stop me fighting sexism with my breasts
- 4 April Fools' Day 2015: The best hoax news stories from around the internet
- 5 Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
Street preacher quoting from the Bible fined for calling homosexuality an 'abomination'
Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
David Cameron calls Labour 'hopeless, sneering socialists' while announcing 7-day NHS plans
Revealed: Putin's army of pro-Kremlin bloggers
Katie Hopkins reported to the police for race hatred by Labour MP Simon Danczuk after tweet about Pakistani men