DVD: The Winslow Boy (U)
Friday 03 April 2009
The plot centres on a 12-year-old boy who's been slung out of Naval College for supposedly stealing a five-shilling postal order. His imposing but kindly father (Cedric Hardwicke) is having none of it. He believes his son is wholly innocent and duly hires the brilliant barrister Sir Robert Morton (Robert Donat) to take on the case. Based on a real incident, this sumptuous drama is blessed with exquisite acting, particularly from Hardwicke, and devilishly witty dialogue. A delight...
Game of Thrones
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 The difference between a migrant and refugee, in one sentence
- 2 Miley Cyrus calls out hypocrisy of women’s nipples being taboo
- 3 Celebrity Big Brother 2015: Tila Tequila kicked off show after 'describing Hitler as a good man'
- 4 Watch the Supermoon live: How to see the brightest Moon of the year tonight
- 5 iPhone 5c to be discontinued, no iPhone 6c to replace it
Climate change: 2015 will be the hottest year on record 'by a mile', experts say
'Women only' train carriages: Jeremy Corbyn unveils radical move to tackle public harassment
Black holes are a passage to another universe, says Stephen Hawking
Iain Duncan Smith 'should resign over disability benefit death figures', says Jeremy Corbyn
Stock up on canned food for stock market crash, warns former Gordon Brown adviser
Labour leadership: Jeremy Corbyn voters most likely to believe 'world is controlled by a secretive elite'