DVD: Tower Heist (12)
Friday 16 March 2012
This uneven crime caper is full of plot-holes and clichés, but it's redeemed by a perky script, Alan Alda's convincingly shady banker Arthur Shaw, and a lovely performance from Matthew Broderick as a disgraced financier.
Ben Stiller plays Josh, an uptight (Stiller's standard setting) perfectionist who manages a luxury Central Park tower block in New York and tends to the needs of the arrogant Shaw. When Shaw diddles his staff out of their pension schemes, Josh decides to rob the plutocrat's apartment with the help of Eddie Murphy's petty thief, Casey Affleck's concierge and Broderick's broken man.
Final Top Gear reviewTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 BBC told new political editor must be 'impartial' with Nick Robinson reportedly stepping down
- 2 Number of young homeless people in Britain is 'more than three times the official figures'
- 3 Humans of New York image of crying gay teen receives best response yet from Ellen DeGeneres
- 4 The map showing the most dangerous tourist destinations in Europe, according to the Foreign Office
- 5 Swedish minister gives strongest case yet on why EU should stop turning away asylum seekers
Church of Scientology allegedly sent threatening letters to film distributors and festivals showing damning documentary
This is surely the best way to watch Jaws
James Blunt was special guest on the highest-rating Top Gear episode ever
Foo Fighters' Dave Grohl performs with broken leg seated on massive throne made of guitars
Chris Moyles reportedly set to make radio comeback with new breakfast show on XFM
More Britons believe that multiculturalism makes the country worse - not better, says poll
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture