DVD: World's Greatest Dad (15)
Friday 28 January 2011
Lance Clayton (Robin Williams) is a failed author who scrapes by teaching a handful of uninterested kids how to write poetry.
He is also struggling to connect with his son Kyle, a teenager so unpleasant, he makes Harry Enfield's Kevin look like Little Lord Fauntleroy. Following an unfortunate accident, Lance has the chance to resurrect his son's image and in doing so garner the literary attention he has always craved. The darkly comic script remains relentless throughout, and refuses to cop out. While Williams's movies these days fail to generate the excitement of the man in his pomp, he puts in a lovely subdued turn as the browbeaten parent struggling to cope.
tvSteven Moffat reveals the actor was dying to take on the role of the Time Lord and says he is excited to see what he will do with the character
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Mountain goats' miraculous escape from avalanche captured in dramatic video footage
- 2 It’s shameful that our universities have accepted gender segregation under pressure from the most oppressive religious fanatics
- 3 Sir Ian McKellen hits back at Damian Lewis' 'fruity actor' claims
- 4 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 5 Selfie at funeral: Cameron squeezes in on Obama snap at Mandela memorial
- < Previous
- Next >