DVD: Your Highness (15)
Danny McBride, one of the many corpulent, charmless, surreally unfunny US "comics" landing lead film roles at the moment (also see Kevin James, Seth Rogen, Jonah Hill), stars in and wrote this woeful sword-and-sorcery spoof.
He plays a petulant, pervy medieval prince who is intensely jealous of his dashing, valiant brother (James Franco). However, along with his servant and a fragrant warrior princess (Natalie Portman), he discovers his pluck. Your Highness, a completely laugh-free experience, is grimly fascinating as you watch a succession of decent actors – Toby Jones, Damian Lewis, Zooey Deschanel – shame themselves. Presumably they were paid well.
Arts & Ents blogs
What a wonderful way to end this momentous series in the 50th year of Doctor Who. From the start of ...
Let's talk book blurbs, those quotes you get, usually from other writers, that are meant to entice y...
Fela Kuti, Jewish food and The Great Gatsby are just some of the reasons why the rainy weather ahead...
- 1 Tears and cheers as David Beckham ends glittering career after helping PSG to final win
- 2 Heading for America? Prepare for the longest US immigration queues ever
- 3 You thought Ryanair's attendants had it bad? Wait 'til you hear about their pilots
- 4 Cameron goes to war with press over 'swivel-eyed loons' slur
- 5 It’s official: thanks to Stephen Hawking's Israel boycott, anti-Semitism is no more
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.