DVD/Blu-ray: The Muppets (U)
Saturday 09 June 2012
"I'm gonna shoot straight: you guys aren't famous anymore," a film executive informs Fozzie Bear and Kermit.
It doesn't put the felt pals off though, as they try to raise funds – $10m – to save the Muppet Theatre from Chris Cooper's sinister oil baron. They're helped by Muppet Show lover Gary (Jason Segel) and winsome Mary (Amy Adams) in this sweet comedy, which earned Disney a small fortune. A sequel's in the works, so once again it's time to light the lights...
elephant appealThe first 23 lots in our charity auction have now gone. But there are 22 more still up for grabs
newsFormer soldier taped 33 of the animals to the floor and then stamped on them one by one
Michelle Nijhuis' daughter insists (s)he is, and she learnt a valuable lesson on gender in books
Arts & Ents blogs
Exclusive: Young people ‘want UK to stay in Europe’: Four in 10 adults aged 18 to 24 are ‘firmly in favour’ of membership, poll shows
Tom Daley ‘is gay because his father died’ says UK evangelist
Iain Duncan Smith leaves Commons food banks debate early
Kiss and yell: Italian protester charged with sexual assault after kissing riot police officer
PM denies two child limit for benefits is part of Tory welfare policy
Anachronistic and iniquitous, grammar schools are a blot on the British education system
- 1 North Koreans are gasping for the truth: Let's give it to them
- 2 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 3 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber is 'retiring from music'
- 4 Burglar steals video tapes of child abuse, hands them into police
- 5 Cycle death inquest: Boyfriend hugs driver of 32 tonne tipper truck that killed his girlfriend
- < Previous
- Next >