Free Jimmy (15)
Christopher Nielsen (85 mins), voiced by Woody Harrelson, Simon Pegg, Kyle MacLachlan
Friday 17 October 2008
This animated comedy about a drug-addled elephant named Jimmy being chased by low life stoners, animal rights activists, Scottish hunters and Lapland gangsters could be called a one-off.
That would be a polite term. Simon Pegg (who also voices one of the low lifes) adapted the Norwegian script, which doesn't speak well of his translation skills or his sense of humour. The brief relationship that the escaped elephant forms with a resourceful moose is oddly touching, but the fatuities surrounding it ensure that any deeper involvement is unlikely.
Review: A panoramic account of the hacking scandalbooks
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Scientists create transparent mouse complete with see-through organs
- 2 Pope Francis issues top 10 tips for happiness
- 3 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 4 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
- 5 Amazonian Indian tribe filmed making contact with Brazil village in rare video footage
Land for gas: Merkel and Putin discussed secret deal could end Ukraine crisis
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
Richard Dawkins tweets: 'Date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse'
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us
A new Russian revolution: The cracks are starting to appear in Putin’s Kremlin power bloc
- < Previous
- Next >