Some Guy Who Kills People, Jack Perez, 94mins (15)
Starring: Kevin Corrigan, Lucy Davis
Jack Perez's slasher comedy brings honour to the name of B-movies.
Kevin Corrigan is touching as small-town loner Ken, a comic-book nerd back living with his mom (Karen Black) after time away in the "loony bin"; a savage beating by some local jocks caused him a breakdown.
Now those jocks are being horribly slaughtered one by one, and the sheriff (Barry Bostwick) thinks he might know the perpetrator.
The support cast, including Lucy Davis (The Office) as Ken's admirer and Ariel Gade as his estranged daughter, lend enormous warmth to proceedings, though it's Ryan A Levin's droll script that really sets it apart.
When Ken's mother compliments him on the dinner he's cooked, he looks surprised and chuffed. "Was it good?" His mother looks at him: "Don't make me tell the same lie twice, Ken." This is a winner.
Bannatyne leaves Dragon's DenTV
They're back, they're big – and they're still spectacularly boringfilm
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Howard Jacobson: Let’s see the 'criticism' of Israel for what it really is
- 2 Scottish independence: Former pro-union voters explain why they changed their minds to the Yes vote
- 3 Gingers face extinction due to climate change, scientists warn
- 4 Brazil vs Germany World Cup 2014: In defence of Mesut Ozil - the Arsenal midfielder works magic in the shadows
- 5 Pornhub pleads with users to stop uploading videos of Brazil 'getting f**ked by Germany' in the World Cup
Sustained immigration has not harmed Britons' employment, say government advisers
British jihadist calls for 'flag of Islam' over Downing Street and Buckingham Palace
Australia facing international condemnation after turning around Sri Lankans at sea
7/7 memorial defaced on anniversary of 2005 attacks with ‘Blair lied thousands died’ graffiti
Even when it brutalises one of its own teenage citizens, America is helpless against Israel
There’s a nasty smell in the political air – and it’s coming from the Tories