Voices of: Mandy Moore, Zachary Levi
Friday 28 January 2011
The long-tressed heroine is a rather bland and Valley Girlish, her handsome rescuer is a thieving fop, and the wicked stepmother who's kidnapped Rapunzel and imprisoned her in the tower looks quite a lot like Cher.
The songs are no great shakes, either, apart from the creepy-funny ode to self-interest, "Mother Knows Best". But there's a nifty little chameleon and a resentful horse to provide some chuckles. In truth, Tangled strikes an unsettling note: on learning the plight of a young girl abducted from her home and kept in isolation by an adult for 18 years, did you think of a well-loved fairytale – or of recent news stories from the dungeons of Europe?
Robin Thicke admits he didn't write 'Blurred Lines'music
Review: Cilla, ITV TV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Hilary Mantel 'should be investigated by police' over Margaret Thatcher assassination story, says Lord Bell
- 2 Stamford Hill council removes 'unacceptable' posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
- 3 Kim Kardashian 'nude pictures' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence 'The Fappening' scandal
- 4 Alex Salmond: 'The rocks would melt with the sun before I'd ever set foot in the House of Lords'
- 5 Ice Bucket Challenge: US firefighter Tony Grider dies after participating in charity craze near power lines
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Plebgate MP Andrew Mitchell called officer a 'little s**t', claim court documents 'exposing ex-Chief Whip's 'record of abusing police'
Hilary Mantel 'should be investigated by police' over Margaret Thatcher assassination story, says Lord Bell
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God