To celebrate the release of the iconic film "Gainsbourg" (out on DVD and Blu-ray on 10 January), the Independent is offering a very special holiday to one lucky reader.
We've teamed up with Cactus Language Training and Optimum Releasing to give one Francophile the chance to jet off and spend a week learning French in the very heart of Paris at one of their top partner schools, Ecole France Langue .
With lessons taking place during the morning in fun and friendly group classes, your afternoons and evenings will be free to explore France’s most exciting and romantic city. The prize also includes flights and accommodation, and offers a unique chance to experience Parisian culture first-hand.
And with your new-found language skills, you'll be able to appreciate great French cinema like "Gainsbourg". From visionary graphic artist and director Joann Sfar comes, "Gainsbourg" is a completely original take on one of France’s greatest mavericks, the illustrious and infamous Serge Gainsbourg.
"Gainsbourg" is an enchanting glimpse at his early life, growing up in 1940s Nazi-occupied Paris, and through his successful song-writing years in the 1960s until his death in 1991.
Taking the best from "La Vie En Rose" and "Amelie", Gainsbourg is one of 2010’s highly awaited films brought to us by one of the most beloved graphic artists of our time and the team behind the magical creatures of "Pan's Labyrinth".
Cactus is one of the world’s leading language training companies, offering high-quality language training to individuals and businesses in 30 languages, in 60 countries and at 500 destinations worldwide.
To be in with a chance of winning this wonderful prize, all you need to do is answer the following question:
The competition closes Wednesday 2 February.
Terms and conditions:
1. Participation is open to UK residents aged 18+ excluding employees and their families of Cactus Worldwide Ltd & Cactus Worldwide Inc, their agents and any other person professionally connected with the Promotion.
2. By entering the Promotion, entrants accept and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
4. The Prize is a one-week French language course for one person at Ecole France Language in Paris. It includes accommodation with a selected host family.
5. The Prize also includes European economy class flights.
6. The prize is limited to course options available through Cactus Worldwide Ltd & Cactus Worldwide Inc at the time of redemption.
7. The Prize must be redeemed in a single transaction by 1 July 2011 and will be non-transferable, non-refundable and non-changeable. Usual booking terms and conditions apply.
8. The Prize has no commercial value and cannot be redeemed for cash.
9. Cactus reserves the right to cancel or amend the terms of this Promotion without prior notice.
To read the Independent's terms and conditions, click here.Reuse content