Graduate Careers: The 30-Second Guide
Bluff your way through that last-minute interview: some tips to help you appear clued-up about current affairs. By Kate Mulvey
Thursday 23 December 1999
Talking point: Officials at the London Eye, the giant ferris wheel, plan to get a licence to perform weddings, after numerous requests from couples.
Top Gossip: Disgraced Tory peer Jeffrey Archer has allegedly been cheating on wife Mary with actress Sally Farmiloe, once a star of TV soap Howard's Way.
Talked-about book: Delia Smith's second How to Cook book is at the top of the hardback list, so no excuse for burnt turkey or mushy sprouts on the 25th.
This was the week: James Bond star Desmond Llewelyn, who played the gadget inventor Q, died on Sunday in a car crash.
Anything you want to ask us?
I assume you all work through Christmas and New Year?
Maisie Williams single-handedly rises to the challengeTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 2 Michelle Obama highlights harsh restrictions faced by Saudi women after meeting King Salman without wearing a headscarf
- 3 Amal Clooney gives excellent answer to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights
- 4 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 5 Isis publicly behead man in Syrian town square for 'insulting Allah' as he screams for help
Heavy metal producer's corpse to be mutilated by models as per his dying wish
The Jump 2015 line-up: Joey Essex, Phil Tufnell, Heather Mills and co take to the slopes
Game of Thrones season 5: Grey Worm actor Jacob Anderson is all for more male nudity – as long as it’s not him
Grumpy Roald Dahl letter warning student to 'eschew beastly adjectives' rediscovered after 35 years
Sia apologises for 'Elastic Heart' music video that sees Shia LaBeouf wrestle 12-year-old Maddie Ziegler
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
British Muslim school children suffering a backlash of abuse following Paris attacks
9 reasons Greece's experiment with the radical left is doomed to failure
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
Liberal Democrat minister defends comments suggesting immigration causes pub closures