Graduate Careers: The 30-Second Guide
Bluff your way through that last-minute interview: some tips to help you appear clued-up about current affairs. By Kate Mulvey
Thursday 23 December 1999
Talking point: Officials at the London Eye, the giant ferris wheel, plan to get a licence to perform weddings, after numerous requests from couples.
Top Gossip: Disgraced Tory peer Jeffrey Archer has allegedly been cheating on wife Mary with actress Sally Farmiloe, once a star of TV soap Howard's Way.
Talked-about book: Delia Smith's second How to Cook book is at the top of the hardback list, so no excuse for burnt turkey or mushy sprouts on the 25th.
This was the week: James Bond star Desmond Llewelyn, who played the gadget inventor Q, died on Sunday in a car crash.
Anything you want to ask us?
I assume you all work through Christmas and New Year?
Auction house to give away $1m masterpiece in charity raffle - and tickets are only $100 each
Beatles rush out 'bootleg' album to defy EU copyright law
Geoffrey Macnab reviews The Desolation of Smaug - the meat in Peter Jackson's Hobbit sandwich
Harvey Weinstein reveals his secret weapon on-set
Now that an oil trader's drinking has got him sacked, will we all have to make do with an afternoon latte?
Chiwetel Ejiofor and Idris Elba get nods for Best Actor, which no black Brit has ever won
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Nelson Mandela memorial: ‘Bogus’ sign language interpreter made mockery of Barack Obama’s tribute in Soweto
- 2 Mystery of Epping Forest 'big cat' is solved
- 3 French café starts charging extra to rude customers
- 4 Australia: Gay marriage law reversed by high court less than a week after first weddings
- 5 Australia incest case: Severely deformed children found in remote farming community after generations of inbreeding
- < Previous
- Next >