Latitude 2014: Five minutes with Doc Brown
Friday 09 May 2014
1. If I could collaborate with one other Latitude artist it would be…
Damon Albarn, all day long. Total legend and never afraid to try something new. What I love most about him is he has no snobbery regarding other musical genres. That’s why I could never understand the Oasis comparisons. It was like Quincy Jones versus Chas n Dave.
2. The thing I’m most looking forward to at Latitude is…
A spot of sunshine. That would be as amazing as it is bloody unlikely.
3. The worst lie I’ve ever told was…
“It was like that when I got here.” (Various usage. Dead pet on two occasions)
4. My secret talent is….
I can juggle. And play William Tell on my cheeks (facial).
5. My life motto is…
“Everything is better with Jalapenos”
6. Dream dinner party guests would be…
Linda McCartney, Gandhi, Woody Allen (Hog Roast)
7. The book that changed my life was…
“Reading For Beginners,” Ladybird Books, 1982
8. If there was a film about my life, my character would be played by…
Anyone with light brown skin. We all look pretty much the same. Most publications still think I am Thandie Newton.
9. I’d like to get lost in the Faraway Forest with…
Ray Mears. We could skin and eat a Hipster for survival.
10. What’s in your festival picnic hamper?
I answered this question in full last time and was arrested before I reached the site so let’s just say normal brownies.
What’s on your Latitude playlist?
Everyday Robots – Damon Albarn
Something Good Can Work – Two Door Cinema Club
Ghost- Bombay Bicycle Club
Don’t You Forget About Me – The Pretenders (Chrissie Hynde)
I Can’t Go For That- Hall & Oates
Aroused – Tom Vek
Grace Dent on TVtv
Maisie Williams single-handedly rises to the challengeTV
Academy criticised after no non-white actors nominated
tvAn expose of hooliganism masquerading as an ideological battle
artLee Hadwin can't draw when he's awake, but by night he's an artist
‘Remember the attackers are a cold-blooded, crazy minority’, says Blek le Rat
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 The truth about 'girl things': Three cheers for Heather Watson's honesty
- 2 Man who held up 'hire me' sign at Waterloo station returns a year later with 'I'm hiring' sign
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Tennis fan suing Australian Open organisers for 'failing to shade spectators' during Murray match
- 5 Syrian refugee child beaten by Istanbul Burger King manager for eating customer’s leftover food
Heavy metal producer's corpse to be mutilated by models as per his dying wish
Belle & Sebastian interview: Stuart Murdoch reveals how the band is taking a new direction
Alfred Hitchcock's unseen Holocaust documentary to be screened
Diana Krall: The jazz singer on being friends with Elton John, outer space and skiing in Dubai
Photographer Matt Lankes' portraits of the cast of Boyhood influenced the film's storyline
British Muslim leaders outraged after Eric Pickles says followers of Islam should 'prove their identity'
UK terror fears: My jihadist son returned from Syria mentally scarred – now he is being ignored
Nigel Farage: NHS might have to be replaced by private health insurance
Billy Crystal: 'Stop shoving gay sex scenes in my face'
French court convicts three over homophobic tweets, in case hailed as a 'significant victory' by LGBT rights campaigners
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens