Latitude 2014: Five minutes with Doc Brown
Friday 09 May 2014
1. If I could collaborate with one other Latitude artist it would be…
Damon Albarn, all day long. Total legend and never afraid to try something new. What I love most about him is he has no snobbery regarding other musical genres. That’s why I could never understand the Oasis comparisons. It was like Quincy Jones versus Chas n Dave.
2. The thing I’m most looking forward to at Latitude is…
A spot of sunshine. That would be as amazing as it is bloody unlikely.
3. The worst lie I’ve ever told was…
“It was like that when I got here.” (Various usage. Dead pet on two occasions)
4. My secret talent is….
I can juggle. And play William Tell on my cheeks (facial).
5. My life motto is…
“Everything is better with Jalapenos”
6. Dream dinner party guests would be…
Linda McCartney, Gandhi, Woody Allen (Hog Roast)
7. The book that changed my life was…
“Reading For Beginners,” Ladybird Books, 1982
8. If there was a film about my life, my character would be played by…
Anyone with light brown skin. We all look pretty much the same. Most publications still think I am Thandie Newton.
9. I’d like to get lost in the Faraway Forest with…
Ray Mears. We could skin and eat a Hipster for survival.
10. What’s in your festival picnic hamper?
I answered this question in full last time and was arrested before I reached the site so let’s just say normal brownies.
What’s on your Latitude playlist?
Everyday Robots – Damon Albarn
Something Good Can Work – Two Door Cinema Club
Ghost- Bombay Bicycle Club
Don’t You Forget About Me – The Pretenders (Chrissie Hynde)
I Can’t Go For That- Hall & Oates
Aroused – Tom Vek
Film The critics but sneer but these unfashionable festive films are our favourites
TV We're so close to knowing what happened to Oliver Hughes, but a last-minute bluff crushes expectations
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more
Peter Lik: The self-proclaimed 'fine-art photographer' whose work sells for millions
Best underrated Christmas movies from Trading Places to While You Were Sleeping
Grace Dent on TV: The Lost Honour of Christopher Jefferies was a beautifully shot, immensely considered drama
The Lost Honour of Christopher Jefferies, review: Jason Watkins is brilliant, but real victim Joanna Yeates is reduced to a footnote
Marilyn Manson denies involvement in shocking Lana Del Rey rape video
Disgruntled RBS worker writes hilarious open letter to Russell Brand after anti-capitalist publicity stunt leaves him hungry
Nigel Farage defends Kerry Smith 'ch***y' comment: 'If you are going for a Chinese, what do you say you’re going for?'
Nigel Farage's approval rating hits 'record low' as popularity suffers in wake of Ukip sex scandal
Rozanne Duncan: Ukip expels councillor for 'jaw-dropping' comments made in BBC TV interview
Pakistan school attack live: Taliban kill at least 132 children in 'horrifying' massacre
Sony hack: Angelina Jolie branded 'seriously out of her mind' in further embarrassing leaked email saga