Latitude 2014: Five minutes with Doc Brown
Friday 09 May 2014
1. If I could collaborate with one other Latitude artist it would be…
Damon Albarn, all day long. Total legend and never afraid to try something new. What I love most about him is he has no snobbery regarding other musical genres. That’s why I could never understand the Oasis comparisons. It was like Quincy Jones versus Chas n Dave.
2. The thing I’m most looking forward to at Latitude is…
A spot of sunshine. That would be as amazing as it is bloody unlikely.
3. The worst lie I’ve ever told was…
“It was like that when I got here.” (Various usage. Dead pet on two occasions)
4. My secret talent is….
I can juggle. And play William Tell on my cheeks (facial).
5. My life motto is…
“Everything is better with Jalapenos”
6. Dream dinner party guests would be…
Linda McCartney, Gandhi, Woody Allen (Hog Roast)
7. The book that changed my life was…
“Reading For Beginners,” Ladybird Books, 1982
8. If there was a film about my life, my character would be played by…
Anyone with light brown skin. We all look pretty much the same. Most publications still think I am Thandie Newton.
9. I’d like to get lost in the Faraway Forest with…
Ray Mears. We could skin and eat a Hipster for survival.
10. What’s in your festival picnic hamper?
I answered this question in full last time and was arrested before I reached the site so let’s just say normal brownies.
What’s on your Latitude playlist?
Everyday Robots – Damon Albarn
Something Good Can Work – Two Door Cinema Club
Ghost- Bombay Bicycle Club
Don’t You Forget About Me – The Pretenders (Chrissie Hynde)
I Can’t Go For That- Hall & Oates
Aroused – Tom Vek
musicReview: Culture Club performs live for first time in 12 years
Children's bookseller wins The Independent's new author search
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 This 'woman calls police to order pizza' story isn't going where you're expecting
- 2 Axe wielding man shot dead after attacking four New York policemen on busy street
- 3 Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
- 4 Jimmy Carr's Oscar Pistorius joke goes a bit too far at the Q Awards
- 5 Ottawa shootings: Bruce MacKinnon's cartoon is the perfect tribute to soldier Nathan Cirillo
Interstellar: What we know about Christopher Nolan's new film so far
The Apprentice 2014: Nurun Ahmed and Lindsay Booth sent home in double firing
JK Rowling to publish new Harry Potter story online for Halloween
Miranda Hart confirms eponymous sitcom has come to an end as she bows out on a 'high'
Fury, film review: Brad Pitt stars in visceral and brutally ugly drama that reminds us war is hell
Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Support for EU membership 'at highest level since 1991' with most Brits wanting to stay 'in'
Thousands with degenerative conditions classified as 'fit to work in future' – despite no possibility of improvement
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Attacks on 'Ukip Calypso' show how skewed people’s priorities are