Latitude 2014: Five minutes with Doc Brown
Friday 09 May 2014
1. If I could collaborate with one other Latitude artist it would be…
Damon Albarn, all day long. Total legend and never afraid to try something new. What I love most about him is he has no snobbery regarding other musical genres. That’s why I could never understand the Oasis comparisons. It was like Quincy Jones versus Chas n Dave.
2. The thing I’m most looking forward to at Latitude is…
A spot of sunshine. That would be as amazing as it is bloody unlikely.
3. The worst lie I’ve ever told was…
“It was like that when I got here.” (Various usage. Dead pet on two occasions)
4. My secret talent is….
I can juggle. And play William Tell on my cheeks (facial).
5. My life motto is…
“Everything is better with Jalapenos”
6. Dream dinner party guests would be…
Linda McCartney, Gandhi, Woody Allen (Hog Roast)
7. The book that changed my life was…
“Reading For Beginners,” Ladybird Books, 1982
8. If there was a film about my life, my character would be played by…
Anyone with light brown skin. We all look pretty much the same. Most publications still think I am Thandie Newton.
9. I’d like to get lost in the Faraway Forest with…
Ray Mears. We could skin and eat a Hipster for survival.
10. What’s in your festival picnic hamper?
I answered this question in full last time and was arrested before I reached the site so let’s just say normal brownies.
What’s on your Latitude playlist?
Everyday Robots – Damon Albarn
Something Good Can Work – Two Door Cinema Club
Ghost- Bombay Bicycle Club
Don’t You Forget About Me – The Pretenders (Chrissie Hynde)
I Can’t Go For That- Hall & Oates
Aroused – Tom Vek
musicReview: Culture Club performs live for first time in 12 years
Children's bookseller wins The Independent's new author search
ReviewThese heroes in a half shell should have been left in hibernation
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Salisbury ranked seventh-best city in the world to visit in Lonely Planet’s Best in Travel 2015
- 2 Disney announces new female-led film Moana
- 3 Banksy has not been arrested: Internet duped by fake report claiming artist's identity revealed
- 4 Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party
- 5 Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
Breaking Bad season 6 is still not happening
Disney announces new female-led film Moana
Eight seconds of white noise is top of the Canadian iTunes chart because people love Taylor Swift that much
Fury, film review: Brad Pitt is intriguing as unsympathetic war hero
American Horror Story season 4, Fox - TV review: Sensitive, silly and sensational
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
London bus driver 'kicks gay couple off for kissing'
Jose Manuel Barroso warns David Cameron against making 'historic mistake' over immigration reforms
Worst Airports of 2014: Poll names Islamabad airport in Pakistan worst in the world