Bob Dylan announced nine UK dates this autumn
The artist will play dates in Glasgow, Blackpool and London
Bob Dylan has confirmed he will play nine dates in the UK this autumn.
The Grammy-winning singer will perform in Glasgow Clyde Aud, Blackpool Opera House and London’s Royal Albert Hall in November.
Dylan’s newly-announced UK dates follow a series of gigs in Europe, including Stockholm, Copenhagen, Berlin and Amsterdam.
The rocker last performed in Britain at the Hop Farm music festival in Kent last year.
The “Subterranean Homesick Blues” singer will be playing tracks from his latest album Tempest, released in 2012, as well as from other classic albums such as The Times They Are a’Changin’ and John Wesley Harding.
Dylan was honoured with a special Pulitzer Prize in 2008 for his “profound impact on popular music and American culture, marked by lyrical compositions of extraordinary poetic power.”
Tickets for Bob Dylan’s November UK dates go on sale at 9am on Friday 14 June.
Arts & Ents blogs
The Full Monty to close in West End after one month despite Olivier nomination
Best films on Netflix: 32 movies that will put an end to your endless scrolling
Game of Thrones' Nikolaj Coster-Waldau on acting one-handed and why Jaime Lannister is not bad
Halle Berry's role in X-Men: Days of Future Past role cut to one scene
Game of Thrones star Sibel Kekilli on why she wants more male nudity in the show
Ukip and Nigel Farage on course for remarkable victory in European elections
Katie Hopkins continues campaign to become Britain's most hated talking head with poorly timed Bob Crow tweet
Tony Benn was entirely ineffectual - and usually wrong
No EU referendum under Labour: Ed Miliband to reveal that vote on membership is ‘unlikely’ in next Parliament if party wins power
The rise of Ukip: Study warns Labour that Eurosceptic party's electoral base now 'more working class than any of the main parties'
Europeans have ‘got whiter’ due to natural selection in past 5,000 years, scientists say
- 1 Is your name now 'banned' in Saudi Arabia?
- 2 Gender-specific books demean all our children. So the Independent on Sunday will no longer review anything marketed to exclude either sex
- 3 Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370: Did jetliner fly into area controlled by Taliban? Net widens after claims final satellite signal could have been sent from the ground
- 4 Nasa-funded study warns of ‘collapse of civilisation’ in coming decades
- 5 'Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 plane found in Bermuda Triangle!' Viral Facebook links are profiting hackers