David Gray's plan to convert Dylan's studio falls flat
Tuesday 21 August 2012
Singer David Gray has fallen out with his neighbours over his plans to convert famed north London recording studios into flats.
The Church Studios were once owned by the Eurythmics and artists including Bob Dylan, Radiohead, Depeche Mode, Kaiser Chiefs and Elvis Costello have recorded there. But "Babylon" singer Gray, 44, now wants to turn them into five flats with shops and office space, which has upset the community in Crouch End.
Steve Watson, of Crouch Hill, said in a letter to Haringey council: "The studios have been a part of Crouch End's artistic and creative heritage for decades."
A decision will be made by Haringey council.
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Paul Scholes: Manchester City were so good against Liverpool I felt like turning the television off
- 2 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 3 Pamela Anderson rejects ice bucket challenge because of ALS experiments on animals: 'Mice had holes drilled into their skulls'
- 4 Homer Simpson takes the ALS ice bucket challenge because of course he does
- 5 Hello Kitty is not a cat after all
Great British Bake Off, episode 4, review: Heat gets turned up as Iain goes into meltdown
Great British Bake Off 2014: Diana Beard quits due to illness
Homer Simpson takes the ALS ice bucket challenge because of course he does
Friends reunion: Jennifer Anniston, Lisa Kudrow and Courteney Cox perform mini sketch on Jimmy Kimmel Live
Kate Bush, Hammersmith Apollo, gig review: Just what everyone was hoping for
Exclusive: We share blame for creating 'jihad generation', says Muslim strategist
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
Ukip Douglas Carswell defection: Tory MP jumps ship to join Nigel Farage
- < Previous
- Next >