JLS to headline London's Hyde Park before they split
Thursday 23 May 2013
Soon-to-split boy band JLS are the latest headliners for a series of major outdoor shows in London's Hyde Park.
The group, who announced last month that they will call it a day after a farewell tour later in the year, will share a bill with The Beach Boys and The Saturdays.
They are to play the new festival Barclaycard Presents British Summer Time Hyde Park, performing at a family-friendly day of acts on Sunday July 7.
The event also features performances of The Gruffalo and Horrible Histories stage shows.
Performers lined up for other days during the festival include The Rolling Stones, Bon Jovi and Sir Elton John. Jennifer Lopez and Lionel Richie were unveiled yesterday as the stars topping the bill at the finale concert on July 14.
Rob Hallett of promoter AEG Live said of the latest line-up: "I have always wanted to promote a show where you can take your kids and your parents. Junior can be enthralled with the Gruffalo and your daughter can scream at JLS while your parents dance around to The Beach Boys."
And why are 'southern' ways of speaking spreading north?
Arts & Ents blogs
The 50 Best Christmas songs: Bells continue to ring for the Pogues' 'Fairytale of New York'
Paul Walker: Fast and Furious cast release video tribute to late star
David Bowie premieres politically-charged music video for ‘I’d Rather Be High’
Nymphomaniac trailer shown to children at screening of Disney film Frozen
The top gay icons (straight up!)
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Nelson Mandela life story: An unconquerable spirit
- 3 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 Video: Students 'punched and dragged to the ground by their hair' as police break up demonstration