JLS to headline London's Hyde Park before they split
Thursday 23 May 2013
Soon-to-split boy band JLS are the latest headliners for a series of major outdoor shows in London's Hyde Park.
The group, who announced last month that they will call it a day after a farewell tour later in the year, will share a bill with The Beach Boys and The Saturdays.
They are to play the new festival Barclaycard Presents British Summer Time Hyde Park, performing at a family-friendly day of acts on Sunday July 7.
The event also features performances of The Gruffalo and Horrible Histories stage shows.
Performers lined up for other days during the festival include The Rolling Stones, Bon Jovi and Sir Elton John. Jennifer Lopez and Lionel Richie were unveiled yesterday as the stars topping the bill at the finale concert on July 14.
Rob Hallett of promoter AEG Live said of the latest line-up: "I have always wanted to promote a show where you can take your kids and your parents. Junior can be enthralled with the Gruffalo and your daughter can scream at JLS while your parents dance around to The Beach Boys."
Listen to his collaboration with Naughty Boymusic
Film review Michael Glatze biopic isn't about a self-hating gay man gone straight
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Tidal launch: The most pretentious lines from Alicia Keys' valedictory speech
- 2 Britain First 'acting like Ukip henchmen' by invading meeting of activists in revenge for pub protest against Nigel Farage
- 3 Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
- 4 Tidal: Jay Z's Spotify rival streaming service criticised for making wealthy artists even richer
- 5 Brixton squat flats now costing up to £3k per month show how out of control rent is in London
Ukip supporters are 55 or older, white and socially conservative, finds British Social Attitudes Report
Street preacher quoting from the Bible fined for calling homosexuality an 'abomination'
Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
David Cameron calls Labour 'hopeless, sneering socialists' while announcing 7-day NHS plans
Revealed: Putin's army of pro-Kremlin bloggers