Liam Gallagher sues The New York Post over 'love child' claim
Newspaper claimed the former Oasis singer fathered a child during a one-night stand
Thursday 18 July 2013
Liam Gallagher is suing a US newspaper for reporting that he may have fathered a child during a one-night stand.
The New York Post claimed an unnamed woman gave birth to a daughter less than a year ago and is now suing the former Oasis singer in New York for paternity costs of up to $3 million (£2 million) in Manhattan Family Court.
The "mystery woman" is described as a journalist in her thirties who “specialises in interviewing celebrities”. The case is said to be listed as "Anonymous vs Anonymous".
The Britpop star’s spokesman said “We are not going to comment on gossip” but did confirm that Gallagher’s lawyers are taking legal action against the Post for the story.
Gallagher, 40, has three children, and is married to former All Saints singer Nicole Appleton.
Maisie Williams single-handedly rises to the challengeTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 2 Michelle Obama highlights harsh restrictions faced by Saudi women after meeting King Salman without wearing a headscarf
- 3 Amal Clooney gives excellent response to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights
- 4 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 5 Isis publicly behead man in Syrian town square for 'insulting Allah' as he screams for help
Heavy metal producer's corpse to be mutilated by models as per his dying wish
The Jump 2015 line-up: Joey Essex, Mike Tindall, Jodie Kidd and co take to the slopes
Game of Thrones: Grey Worm actor Jacob Anderson is all for more male nudity – as long as he can keep his clothes on
Roald Dahl letter warning student to 'eschew beastly adjectives' goes viral 35 years later
Our fascination with the Arctic from Greek myths to Sky Atlantic's new drama Fortitude
9 reasons Greece's experiment with the radical left is doomed to failure
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
British Muslim school children suffering a backlash of abuse following Paris attacks
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
Liberal Democrat minister defends comments suggesting immigration causes pub closures