Listen to Jamie T's 'different' comeback single Don't You Find
Singer confirmed a new album is on the way
Jamie T premiered his new single 'Don't You Find' on Zane Lowe's BBC Radio 1 show last night, a "slow song" that will feature on his new album.
The 28-year-old announced a UK tour earlier this month, and this single is the first new material we have heard from him in nearly five years, offering softer vocals than his previous more abrasive style.
"I thought it was kind of different and a nice track," he said of the song, which is released on 21 July.
"I spent a long time working on songs over the past few years and trying to get power out of slow songs rather than using tempo to get aggression out.
"I like the melancholy of it - it's the reason I put it out first."
Jamie T also confirmed that he has a new album on the way, the follow-up to Panic Prevention and Kings & Queens.
The singer's brief tour begins later in the month, taking in the following dates:
Glasgow Art School (July 29)
Liverpool Kazimier (30)
Portsmouth Wedgewood Rooms (31)
The Dome, Tufnell Park, London (August 7)
Maisie Williams single-handedly rises to the challengeTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Michelle Obama highlights harsh restrictions faced by Saudi women after meeting King Salman without wearing a headscarf
- 2 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 3 Kim Kardashian on Bruce Jenner's 'story': 'We support him no matter what, and I think when the time is right, he'll talk'
- 4 Amal Clooney gives excellent response to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights
- 5 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
The Jump 2015 line-up: Joey Essex, Mike Tindall, Jodie Kidd and co take to the slopes
Game of Thrones: Grey Worm actor Jacob Anderson is all for more male nudity – as long as he can keep his clothes on
Roald Dahl letter warning student to 'eschew beastly adjectives' goes viral 35 years later
Sia apologises for 'Elastic Heart' music video that sees Shia LaBeouf wrestle 12-year-old Maddie Ziegler
Churchill: The Nation's Farewell, TV review: Paxman reveals truth behind crane docker tribute, but delivers a fitting honour to Winston
9 reasons Greece's experiment with the radical left is doomed to failure
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
Have we reached 'peak food'? Shortages loom as global production rates slow
British Muslim school children suffering a backlash of abuse following Paris attacks
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia