Mindy McCready suicide confirmed
Thursday 21 February 2013
Preliminary results of a post-mortem examination confirm that US country music star Mindy McCready's death was suicide, authorities in Arkansas said today.
The Cleburne County sheriff said in a statement that preliminary results from Arkansas' state crime lab show the singer died from a single gunshot wound to the head.
Investigators have said McCready apparently shot and killed her late boyfriend's dog before turning the gun on herself at her home in Heber Springs, Arkansas, on Sunday.
Authorities found her body and that of the dog on the front porch where her long-time boyfriend, musician David Wilson, died of a gunshot wound to the head last month.
Authorities are investigating Wilson's death as a suicide but they have not yet determined an official cause of death.
There’s revolution in the air, but one lady’s not for turningTV
Robin Thicke admits he didn't write 'Blurred Lines'music
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 All Blacks Aaron Cruden misses New Zealand flight after drinking session, has brilliant excuse
- 2 Kim Kardashian 'nude photos' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence scandal
- 3 'F*ck it, I quit': TV reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 4 Alicia Keys leaks nude photo 'to create a kinder and more peaceful world'
- 5 Clothes store Joy angers mental health campaigners with Twitter exchange on bipolar disorders
Scotland could still declare independence – even without referendum, says Alex Salmond
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Hilary Mantel 'should be investigated by police' over Margaret Thatcher assassination story, says Lord Bell
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Plebgate MP Andrew Mitchell called officer a 'little s**t', claim court documents 'exposing ex-Chief Whip's 'record of abusing police'
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God