#onebigdisppointment ? One Direction announce new album and 2014 stadium tour Where We Are
Teen pop sensation One Direction have announced another world stadium tour and album
The boy band made their anticipated “big announcement” at Wembley Stadium, where they revealed their third world tour, Where We Are, due to start in 2014.
Harry, Louis, Niall, Liam and Zayn also said they will be releasing a new album this year with a “rockier edge”. It will include some songs written by the boys themselves, they said.
“We’ve written a lot of the songs on it. It’s a bit more edgy. It’s grown as we’ve grown,” said Liam.
The boyband are currently on the European leg of their Take Me Home world tour, and flew back to the UK to announce the news.
A website set up by the band to announce their world tour, called onebigannouncement.com, crashed around midday due to high volumes of traffic.
One Direction fans took to Twitter instead to express their excitement using the hashtag #1Dbigannouncement. Harry Styles’ tweet about the world tour has been retweeted more than 71,000 times by fans.
However, an hour after the announcement the hashtag #onebigdisappointment was trending in the UK.
Tickets for the Where We Are tour go on sale in the UK on 25 May, which is already being dubbed “stressed out Saturday” due to the large numbers of fans who are anticipated to want tickets.
The stadium tour will begin in Columbia on 25 April, and will come to the UK first at the Sunderland Stadium of Light on 28 May before dates in Manchester, Edinburgh and London.
Film review Michael Glatze biopic isn't about a self-hating gay man gone straight
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Germanwings crash: Captain of doomed plane was only 'on board because he changed job to spend more time with his children'
- 2 Ohio Democrat Teresa Fedor speaks out during abortion debate to reveal she has been raped – and is interrupted by laughter from Republicans
- 3 Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
- 4 Germanwings crash: 'Andreas Lubitz planned to marry pregnant girlfriend', claims German report
- 5 Germanwings plane crash: Transcript reveals passengers 'screamed for over five minutes' before plane crashed into mountain
Ukip supporters are 55 or older, white and socially conservative, finds British Social Attitudes Report
Street preacher quoting from the Bible fined for calling homosexuality an 'abomination'
Jeremy Clarkson sacked live: Alan Yentob 'wouldn't rule out' ex Top Gear host's BBC return
Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
David Cameron calls Labour 'hopeless, sneering socialists' while announcing 7-day NHS plans