Robbie Williams finishing new solo tracks
Wednesday 03 August 2011
Robbie Williams is finishing off 30 songs for his new solo album.
The 'Angels' hitmaker is throwing himself back into his solo career after finishing a European tour with Take That - which wrapped up in Munich, Germany on Friday - vowing to lock himself away to work on new lyrics for his ninth studio album.
He wrote on his official website: "Well i have (it seems) a mountain of songs to finish lyrics for. So many tunes are in a good shape now. Maybe 30 knocking around and that's not including old ones that never made ['Reality Killed the Video Star'] (sic).
"The future's bright, i'm looking at my most consistent album to date. I have a month to tie up loose ends lyric-wise (sic). I will remember all your kind words about what my songs mean to you as i struggle for 8 hours over one rhyming couplet - this seems to happen more and more often these days (sic)."
Robbie admitted he is completely worn out by the Take That tour, but has nevertheless vowed to go back on the road again soon. He added to his fans: "This won't be the end of our contact. I shall be back periodically and will keep you in mind always. We have to do a small friendly tour- that seed is planted. I'll be blogging photos and bits and pieces for the time being (sic).
Potter's attempt to create an Essex Taj Mahal was a lovely treattv
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Eurovision 2015: Graham Norton returns with another cutting commentary - his best lines
- 2 Purity balls: Girls in the US making virginity pledges as fathers vow to 'protect purity'
- 3 Eurovision 2015 winner: Sweden beats Russia and Italy to take the title from Conchita Wurst
- 4 Mother 'will allow son's circumcision in return for release from prison'
- 5 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
Report finds that Britain's wages are the most unequal in Europe
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
Almost a third of school pupils believe 'Muslims are taking over our country', study claims
Gay marriage 'Bert and Ernie' cake bakery found guilty of discrimination in Northern Ireland