Robbie Williams finishing new solo tracks
Wednesday 03 August 2011
Robbie Williams is finishing off 30 songs for his new solo album.
The 'Angels' hitmaker is throwing himself back into his solo career after finishing a European tour with Take That - which wrapped up in Munich, Germany on Friday - vowing to lock himself away to work on new lyrics for his ninth studio album.
He wrote on his official website: "Well i have (it seems) a mountain of songs to finish lyrics for. So many tunes are in a good shape now. Maybe 30 knocking around and that's not including old ones that never made ['Reality Killed the Video Star'] (sic).
"The future's bright, i'm looking at my most consistent album to date. I have a month to tie up loose ends lyric-wise (sic). I will remember all your kind words about what my songs mean to you as i struggle for 8 hours over one rhyming couplet - this seems to happen more and more often these days (sic)."
Robbie admitted he is completely worn out by the Take That tour, but has nevertheless vowed to go back on the road again soon. He added to his fans: "This won't be the end of our contact. I shall be back periodically and will keep you in mind always. We have to do a small friendly tour- that seed is planted. I'll be blogging photos and bits and pieces for the time being (sic).
Review: Imaginative storytelling returns with vigourfilm
Bannatyne leaves Dragon's DenTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Game of Thrones author George RR Martin says 'f*** you' to fans who fear he will die before finishing Westeros saga
- 2 Question Time's 'passionate highlander' is the William Wallace of the Better Together campaign
- 3 PornHub begs users to stop uploading video clips of Brazil getting beaten 7-1
- 4 Tony Abbott embarrasses Australia by praising Japanese WWII military, ‘getting on the sake’ and posing for ‘crotch-shot’ photo opportunity
- 5 The true Gaza back-story that the Israelis aren’t telling this week
Sustained immigration has not harmed Britons' employment, say government advisers
Australia facing international condemnation after turning around Sri Lankans at sea
7/7 memorial defaced on anniversary of 2005 attacks with ‘Blair lied thousands died’ graffiti
Even when it brutalises one of its own teenage citizens, America is helpless against Israel
Socialist Worker called to apologise over ‘vile’ article saying Eton schoolboy Horatio Chapple's death is ‘reason to save the polar bears’
There’s a nasty smell in the political air – and it’s coming from the Tories