Winehouse left £3m
Wednesday 28 March 2012
Amy Winehouse left almost £3 million following her death last year.
The Rehab singer, who fought a lengthy battle with drink and drugs, left gross assets totalling £4,257,580 when she died last July.
But after debts and tax were paid, it left £2,944,554.
Winehouse died from alcohol poisoning at her flat in Camden, north London, with an inquest recording a verdict of misadventure.
The 27-year-old singer, who had two hit albums during her lifetime, had not made a will and the money goes to her family. Her father Mitch is the administrator of her estate, according to newly-released probate documents.
Winehouse's former husband Blake Fielder-Civil does not receive any of the estate.
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Snoop Dogg and Jared Leto buy a stake in Reddit as A-list invests $50m
- 2 Prince held a Facebook Q&A and this is the only question he answered
- 3 Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
- 4 Now we know whose fault it is if you end up being murdered in Thailand
- 5 35,000 walrus gather ashore on north-west Alaska beach 'for a rest'
Exclusive: 'Putin's Russia has been my biggest regret,' says Nato's outgoing Secretary General
The Osborne Ultimatum: Chancellor’s benefits freeze bombshell will affect ten million households
There’s no excuse for Dave Lee Travis’s behaviour, but we need to keep a sense of proportion
Should gay sex be illegal? 16% of Britons think so
Mark Reckless becomes second Tory MP to defect to Ukip in a month
Benefits 'smart cards' plan revealed by Iain Duncan Smith to stop claimants spending welfare money on alcohol
- < Previous
- Next >