Winehouse left £3m
Wednesday 28 March 2012
Amy Winehouse left almost £3 million following her death last year.
The Rehab singer, who fought a lengthy battle with drink and drugs, left gross assets totalling £4,257,580 when she died last July.
But after debts and tax were paid, it left £2,944,554.
Winehouse died from alcohol poisoning at her flat in Camden, north London, with an inquest recording a verdict of misadventure.
The 27-year-old singer, who had two hit albums during her lifetime, had not made a will and the money goes to her family. Her father Mitch is the administrator of her estate, according to newly-released probate documents.
Winehouse's former husband Blake Fielder-Civil does not receive any of the estate.
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Sabina Altynbekova, the girl branded 'too good looking' for volleyball, says social media obsession with her is a 'bit much'
- 2 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 3 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 4 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
- 5 Zayn Malik on Israel-Gaza: One Direction singer bombarded with Twitter death threats after posting #FreePalestine
New Netflix releases: Films and TV shows coming August 2014
Samuel Beckett's biographer reveals secrets of the writer's time as a French Resistance spy
Best movies on Netflix UK and US: 32 films that will end your endless scrolling
Star Wars Episode 7: Simon Pegg hints at role
Star Wars 7: Plot details 'leak', with sequel's opening sequence and premise revealed
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Land for gas: Merkel and Putin discussed secret deal could end Ukraine crisis
Richard Dawkins tweets: 'Date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse'
- < Previous
- Next >