Winehouse left £3m
Wednesday 28 March 2012
Amy Winehouse left almost £3 million following her death last year.
The Rehab singer, who fought a lengthy battle with drink and drugs, left gross assets totalling £4,257,580 when she died last July.
But after debts and tax were paid, it left £2,944,554.
Winehouse died from alcohol poisoning at her flat in Camden, north London, with an inquest recording a verdict of misadventure.
The 27-year-old singer, who had two hit albums during her lifetime, had not made a will and the money goes to her family. Her father Mitch is the administrator of her estate, according to newly-released probate documents.
Winehouse's former husband Blake Fielder-Civil does not receive any of the estate.
Arts & Ents blogs
Britain's top vet sparks controversy with call for ban on slashing animals' throats in 'ritual' slaughters for halal and kosher meat products
Exclusive: Impact of immigrants on British workers ‘negligible’
Katie Hopkins continues campaign to become Britain's most hated talking head with poorly timed Bob Crow tweet
Ukraine crisis: Russia pledges to 'retaliate against sanctions' as Ukrainian president says Crimea vote will not be recognised
The quiet diplomat: Catherine Ashton - recognised and admired in all the world’s troubled countries, yet ridiculed at home
Grace Dent: Who cares if she spells it Barraco Barner? Gemma Worrall is more employable than some bookish arts graduate
- 1 Watch: The student election Macklemore parody that isn't completely awful - and all the others that are
- 2 Grace Dent: Who cares if she spells it Barraco Barner? Gemma Worrall is more employable than some bookish arts graduate
- 3 First Kiss: Filmmaker gets 20 strangers to make out on YouTube with awkward results
- 4 Joanna Lumley’s garden bridge over the Thames gets £30m seal of approval from Government
- 5 Ian Wright breaks down in ITV documentary charting his rise to England and Arsenal striker