Take That's Gary Barlow to co-pen Peter Pan musical
Friday 07 June 2013
Take That star Gary Barlow is heading to the West End to co-write a new musical based on the Johnny Depp film Finding Neverland.
The singer will team up with American duo Scott Frankel and Michael Korie to bring the film, which tells the story of playwright JM Barrie and his classic work The Adventures Of Peter Pan to the stage.
The show, which is backed by Harvey Weinstein's Live Entertainment company, will be directed by Diane Paulus, who made her name with revivals of Hair and Porgy And Bess, and also involve playwright James Graham, whose political drama This House was a success at the National Theatre.
Weinstein said: "Gary is someone I've long admired, and in my opinion, he is one of the finest songwriters in the world. I am hugely excited to be working with a visionary director like Diane Paulus and James Graham, who is one of Britain's most exciting young playwrights."
Barlow said: "This is something I've always wanted to do, so it's a real privilege to be involved. I'm really enjoying working with the team and I love the story. It's also great to be working with a legendary creative like Harvey Weinstein."
BBC Trust agrees to axe channel from TV in favour of digital moveTV
Final Top Gear reviewTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Florida man sentenced to two-and-a-half years for having sex on the beach in front of a child
- 2 Autistic teenager beaten up by bullies makes them watch 20-minute video about autism
- 3 Nick Kyrgios calls former Olympian Dawn Fraser a 'blatant racist' after she tells Wimbledon star to 'go back where their parents came from'
- 4 World learns of app that shows you who unfriended you on Facebook, app promptly crashes
- 5 Chris Moyles reportedly set to make radio comeback with new breakfast show on XFM
More Britons believe that multiculturalism makes the country worse - not better, says poll
Osborne to cap family benefits at £23,000 – announced ahead of his post-election Budget
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Sickness and disability benefits could be reduced by £30 a week as part of £12bn welfare cuts
Greece debt crisis: Angela Merkel and Francois Hollande issue Athens with 24-hour ultimatum to avoid crashing out of the euro
Greece crisis: Referendum exposes a gaping hole at the heart of the European Union – its lack of genuine legitimacy