BBC serves up recipe for ratings success as MasterChef final peaks with 5.5m viewers
Friday 03 May 2013
Last night’s MasterChef final was watched by 5.5 million
people as Hackney DJ Natalie Coleman took the trophy.
The viewing figures are a slight rise on recent episodes which have been watched by around 5 million.
Overall the BBC was Thursday evening’s ratings champion with 1.7 million tuning in to watch The Politician’s Husband starring David Tennant and Emily Watson.
ITV’s coverage of the Chelsea Europa match against Basel won 3.7 million viewers.
Robin Thicke admits he didn't write 'Blurred Lines'music
Review: Cilla, ITV TV
To mark Tolstoy's 186th birthdaybooks
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Thailand deaths: Pair's bloodied bodies found naked on Koh Tao beach
- 2 Scottish independence: Ireland since 1919 is a lesson for Scotland in what a Yes vote means
- 3 Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
- 4 John Travolta addresses former pilot's gay romance allegations publicly for the first time
- 5 Kanye West stops concert after two fans don't stand up - doesn't realise one is in wheelchair and the other disabled
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Scottish independence: Yes campaign feels the heat as Alex Salmond's NHS claims come under furious attack
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'
£23m Birmingham cycle scheme is attacked by Tory councillor for not catering to the elderly