BBC serves up recipe for ratings success as MasterChef final peaks with 5.5m viewers
Friday 03 May 2013
Last night’s MasterChef final was watched by 5.5 million
people as Hackney DJ Natalie Coleman took the trophy.
The viewing figures are a slight rise on recent episodes which have been watched by around 5 million.
Overall the BBC was Thursday evening’s ratings champion with 1.7 million tuning in to watch The Politician’s Husband starring David Tennant and Emily Watson.
ITV’s coverage of the Chelsea Europa match against Basel won 3.7 million viewers.
TVJamie's Sugar Rush reveal's campaigning chef's new foe
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 What marriage would look like if we actually followed the Bible
- 2 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 3 The Chinese city where men have 'three girlfriends because there are so many women'
- 4 'Heartbreaking' Syria orphan photo wasn't taken in Syria and not of orphan
- 5 Orthorexia nervosa: How becoming obsessed with healthy eating can lead to malnutrition
Britain to take more refugees as Cameron bows to pressure after more than 250,000 back our campaign
Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches – it's time to act
Jeremy Corbyn calls Osama bin Laden's killing a 'tragedy' - but was it taken out of context?
If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
If you're not already angry about the refugee crisis, here's a history lesson to remind you why you really should be
Make your voice heard: Sign The Independent's petition to welcome refugees