Beavis and Butt-head creator to make Silicon Valley sitcom
Creator of Beavis and Butt-head and King of the Hill Mike Judge has developed a sitcom based on working life in America's breeding ground for tech entrepreneurs Silicon Valley.
Silicon Valley, a single camera live action comedy will be piloted by HBO in 2013. According to Hollywood Deadline the pilot is set in “the high-tech gold rush of modern Silicon Valley, where the people most qualified to succeed are the least capable of handling success.”
While Judge’s background has mainly focused on animation, he has ventured into live-action comedy before, including writing and directing the cult 1999 film Office Space.
Fellow King of the Hill executive producers John Altschuler and Dave Krinsky co-wrote the pilot with Judge, with producer of The Social Network Scott Rudin executive producing the show.
Silicon Valley follows a trend of film and television programmes about technology developers, including David Fincher and Aaron Sorkin’s The Social Network, and the more recent 2012 documentary Indie Game: The Movie.
The pilot has been welcomed by technology insiders after Bravo’s reality TV series Start-Ups Silicon Valley aired this autumn in America to criticism for its inaccurate depiction of ‘geeks’.
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Keira Knightley topless: Usually conservative actress does own take on #Freethenipple campaign for Interview Magazine
- 2 Oil tanker with $100 million cargo goes missing off Texas coast
- 3 George Galloway left with severe bruising after attack in Notting Hill by man 'shouting about the Holocaust'
- 4 Lady al-Qa’ida: On the trail of Dr Aafia Siddiqui, the world’s most wanted prisoner
- 5 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
What do immigrants really think of Britain? Polish immigrant's Reddit post goes viral
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
With Douglas Carswell joining Ukip, my party has taken another giant step forward
- < Previous
- Next >