Better Call Saul: First look as filming gets underway at Albuquerque skate park
Setting makes sense given show is said to feature "twin skateboarder" characters
As our collective Breaking Bad mourning comes to an end, now we can begin the feverish anticipation for the prequel Better Call Saul, which started shooting in Albuquerque, New Mexico today.
An ABQ resident took a photo of the crew filming on location around Lomas Blvd NE & Eubank Blvd NE in the city, while the majority of interior scenes will be shot at the nearby Albuquerque Studios (which was also used for Breaking Bad).
What can we glean from the first picture? Well there's a skate park, so perhaps this is where we will meet Saul's next client? Maybe a younger Jesse Pinkman is there doing a sweet 1080? We can only dream.
Here's what we do know about the spin-off:
- Jonathan Banks is back as fixer Mike Ehrmantraut.
- Michael McKean has joined the cast as Dr. Thurber, a "brilliant attorney who is now restricted by an unusual affliction". A script photo from a recent Better Call Saul read-through (Picture: Imgur)
- Patrick Fabian will play a character called Burt.
- Rhea Seehorn will play Beth.
- Michael Mando will play Eddie.
- The show will feature "twin skateboarders" called Zak and Luke (who presumably hang at that location above). Bob Odenkirk will reprise his role for the show (Picture: AMC)
- Vince Gilligan (Breaking Bad creator) and Peter Gould (BB writer who penned Saul's first scenes) co-wrote the pilot.
As for wild speculation, there are rumours circulating this week that Walter White will make an appearance of some sort, possibly through a flash-forward (though whether this would be wise is very much up for debate).
Better Call Saul is expected to arrive on AMC in November 2014 in the US and will be broadcast worldwide through Netflix.
TV review Nick Hewer, the man whose eyebrows speak a thousand words, is set to leave The Apprentice
Film The critics but sneer but these unfashionable festive films are our favourites
TV We're so close to knowing what happened to Oliver Hughes, but a last-minute bluff crushes expectations
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more
Peter Lik: The self-proclaimed 'fine-art photographer' whose work sells for millions
The best underrated Christmas movies from Love, Actually to While You Were Sleeping
Grace Dent on TV: The Lost Honour of Christopher Jefferies was a beautifully shot, immensely considered drama
The Lost Honour of Christopher Jefferies, review: Jason Watkins is brilliant, but real victim Joanna Yeates is reduced to a footnote
Marilyn Manson denies involvement in shocking Lana Del Rey rape video
Disgruntled RBS worker writes hilarious open letter to Russell Brand after anti-capitalist publicity stunt leaves him hungry
Shock poll shows voters believe Ukip is to the left of the Tories
Nigel Farage's approval rating hits 'record low' as popularity suffers in wake of Ukip sex scandal
Nigel Farage defends Kerry Smith 'ch***y' comment: 'If you are going for a Chinese, what do you say you’re going for?'
Ukip candidate jokes about 'shooting peasants' in racist and homophobic rant
Pakistan school attack live: Taliban kill at least 132 children in 'horrifying' massacre