Better Call Saul: First look as filming gets underway at Albuquerque skate park
Setting makes sense given show is said to feature "twin skateboarder" characters
As our collective Breaking Bad mourning comes to an end, now we can begin the feverish anticipation for the prequel Better Call Saul, which started shooting in Albuquerque, New Mexico today.
An ABQ resident took a photo of the crew filming on location around Lomas Blvd NE & Eubank Blvd NE in the city, while the majority of interior scenes will be shot at the nearby Albuquerque Studios (which was also used for Breaking Bad).
What can we glean from the first picture? Well there's a skate park, so perhaps this is where we will meet Saul's next client? Maybe a younger Jesse Pinkman is there doing a sweet 1080? We can only dream.
Here's what we do know about the spin-off:
- Jonathan Banks is back as fixer Mike Ehrmantraut.
- Michael McKean has joined the cast as Dr. Thurber, a "brilliant attorney who is now restricted by an unusual affliction". A script photo from a recent Better Call Saul read-through (Picture: Imgur)
- Patrick Fabian will play a character called Burt.
- Rhea Seehorn will play Beth.
- Michael Mando will play Eddie.
- The show will feature "twin skateboarders" called Zak and Luke (who presumably hang at that location above). Bob Odenkirk will reprise his role for the show (Picture: AMC)
- Vince Gilligan (Breaking Bad creator) and Peter Gould (BB writer who penned Saul's first scenes) co-wrote the pilot.
As for wild speculation, there are rumours circulating this week that Walter White will make an appearance of some sort, possibly through a flash-forward (though whether this would be wise is very much up for debate).
Better Call Saul is expected to arrive on AMC in November 2014 in the US and will be broadcast worldwide through Netflix.
To mark Tolstoy's 186th birthdaybooks
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Lego breaks out of the toy box and heads for the gallery
- 2 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 3 Piers Morgan attempts to save the Union by promising to go back to the US if Scotland votes 'No' to independence
- 4 Tyler, The Creator says having new U2 album automatically downloaded on his iPhone was 'like waking up with herpes'
- 5 Grandmas keep accidentally tagging themselves as Grandmaster Flash on Facebook
Lauren Bacall's last ever performance on Family Guy airs in UK tonight
Fifty Shades of Grey movie: New picture of Anastasia Steele unveiled
X Factor 2014 review: Simon Cowell and Cheryl Cole clashed over Rouge Kiss
Lego breaks out of the toy box and heads for the gallery
Doctor Who, Listen, review: Possibly Steven Moffat's most terrifying episode
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
George Galloway on Scottish independence: The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Scottish independence: Yes campaign feels the heat as Alex Salmond's NHS claims come under furious attack
Scottish independence: Britain faces 'constitutional crisis' at next election
£23m Birmingham cycle scheme is attacked by Tory councillor for not catering to the elderly