Kris and Bruce Jenner announce separation
The Keeping Up with the Kardashians stars say they're 'much happier' apart
Wednesday 09 October 2013
Kris and Bruce Jenner, the stars of hit reality show Keeping Up with the Kardashians, have separated after 22 years of marriage.
The couple have two teenage daughters, Kendall and Kylie, as well as four children each from previous marriages. Kris's daughters Kourtney, Kim and Khloe, from her marriage to the late attorney Robert Kardashian, are the bedrock of the family's reality show and its various merchandise spin-offs.
In a statement to E! News, the couple said: "We are living separately and we are much happier this way.
"Even though we are separated, we will always remain best friends and, as always, our family will remain our number one priority."
They said they will "always have much love and respect for each other".
Viewers of the show often see disagreements between Kris and Olympic gold-medallist Bruce, but they’re generally not taken too seriously.
However, in the current (eighth) season of Keeping Up with the Kardashians, Bruce spent time away from Kris in a home the family was renting in Malibu, while Kris has been photographed not wearing her wedding ring.
After giving gay film R-rating despite no sex or violencefilm
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Jeremy Clarkson 'does not see a problem' with his racist language on Top Gear, says BBC
- 2 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 3 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 4 A third of employers never check job applicants' qualifications, survey finds
- 5 James Foley beheading: Fox news presenter Megyn Kelly annoyed by Ferguson update during broadcast about murdered journalist
Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
Bin bag full of cats' heads discovered near Manchester's Curry Mile
Disgusting, frustrating, but intriguing: how the country really feels about its politicians