Kris and Bruce Jenner announce separation
The Keeping Up with the Kardashians stars say they're 'much happier' apart
Wednesday 09 October 2013
Kris and Bruce Jenner, the stars of hit reality show Keeping Up with the Kardashians, have separated after 22 years of marriage.
The couple have two teenage daughters, Kendall and Kylie, as well as four children each from previous marriages. Kris's daughters Kourtney, Kim and Khloe, from her marriage to the late attorney Robert Kardashian, are the bedrock of the family's reality show and its various merchandise spin-offs.
In a statement to E! News, the couple said: "We are living separately and we are much happier this way.
"Even though we are separated, we will always remain best friends and, as always, our family will remain our number one priority."
They said they will "always have much love and respect for each other".
Viewers of the show often see disagreements between Kris and Olympic gold-medallist Bruce, but they’re generally not taken too seriously.
However, in the current (eighth) season of Keeping Up with the Kardashians, Bruce spent time away from Kris in a home the family was renting in Malibu, while Kris has been photographed not wearing her wedding ring.
Final Top Gear reviewTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 BBC told new political editor must be 'impartial' with Nick Robinson reportedly stepping down
- 2 Number of young homeless people in Britain is 'more than three times the official figures'
- 3 Humans of New York image of crying gay teen receives best response yet from Ellen DeGeneres
- 4 The map showing the most dangerous tourist destinations in Europe, according to the Foreign Office
- 5 Swedish minister gives strongest case yet on why EU should stop turning away asylum seekers
More Britons believe that multiculturalism makes the country worse - not better, says poll
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture
Osborne to cap family benefits at £23,000 – announced ahead of his post-election Budget