Ron Burgundy and David Brent return for Comic Relief
Jessie J will shave her head for the charity night, celebrating its 25th anniversary
Tonight will see a clutch of international comedy characters making a return for Comic Relief.
Ricky Gervais (above right) will reprise the role of The Office's David Brent, while Hollywood favourite Will Ferrell (above right) will once again play San Diego's classiest newsman, Ron Burgundy from Anchorman. Dawn French will dust off the dog collar as the Vicar of Dibley's Gerladine Grainger.
James Corden will return to the role that made his name- Gavin and Stacey Essex lad Smithy.
Popstar Jessie J will do her bit, shaving off her black bob for the show. Other stars getting in on the act include Rob Brydon, John Bishop, Davina McCall, Nick Grimshaw, Jonathan Ross and Russell Brand.
Red Nose Day celebrates its 25th anniversary this year. It started in 1985 to raise money for the Ethiopian famine, and aims to tackle the root causes of poverty and social injustice. So far it has raised £800 million, funding over 15,000 projects.
During the evening, Miranda Hart will round off her week of live TV challenges, Miranda's Mad March, in addition to starring in a special edition of Call the Midwife, alongside Jessica Raine, Pam Ferris and Jenny Agutter.
The Comic Relief - Funny For Money programme begins at 7pm on BBC1.
Arts & Ents blogs
There is a good many moments in the second episode of this psychological thriller that deserve refle...
The opening titles squeal ‘Never Can Say Goodbye…’. Oh Lord how I wish I could heave this series off...
Even though there was a complete absence of our favourite odd couple Brienne and Jaime, we got anoth...
- 1 'He was lucky he didn't die' - George Michael fell out of speeding car onto M1 motorway, according to eye witness
- 2 Gay couple beaten in park urge MPs to moderate language on gay marriage
- 3 After woman sells virginity for $780,000, here are the results of our prostitution survey
- 4 Far-right French historian, 78-year-old Dominique Venner, commits suicide in Notre Dame in protest against gay marriage
- 5 'It was just like the movie Twister': Man survives Oklahoma tornado by taking refuge in horse stall
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.