Sean Bean steps out in drag
Tuesday 07 August 2012
TV star Sean Bean has told how he ventured out in drag to prepare for his new role as a transvestite.
The actor, 53, appears on-screen wearing a blonde wig and make-up later this month in award-winning BBC1 legal drama Accused, penned by Jimmy McGovern.
Asked how he prepared for the role, Bean told the Radio Times magazine: "By walking round in high heels in the kitchen at home ... and one night I went out ... arm-in-arm with my middle daughter. I wanted to find out what it felt like, whether I'd be able to pull it off and have the bottle to function in that situation."
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 President of Argentina adopts Jewish godson to 'stop him turning into a werewolf'
- 2 Doctors remove 80 teeth from boy's jaw
- 3 The 'Black Museum': After 150 years, public set to see exhibits from police’s grisly crime museum
- 4 Stoke-on-Trent becomes first British city to be classified as 'disaster resilient' by the United Nations
- 5 Sir Winston Churchill’s family begged him not to convert to Islam, letter reveals
Peter Lik: The self-proclaimed 'fine-art photographer' whose work sells for millions
Downton Abbey series 5: George Clooney to try and kiss Dowager Countess in charity Christmas special
Game of Thrones is most-pirated TV show of 2014
Exodus: Gods and Kings banned in the UAE for 'religious mistakes'
Doctor Who and the BBC 'promoting a gay agenda', viewers complain
Millions of Britons struggling to feed themselves and facing malnourishment
British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
Ukip member gets into Christmas spirit with Union Flag plea to Santa 'for our country back'
Germany anti-Islam protests: 17,000 march on Dresden against 'Islamification of the West'
Nigel Farage: Ukip leader named 'Briton of the year' by The Times
Immigrants make UK racist, says Ukip councillor Trevor Shonk