Sheridan Smith plays Mrs Biggs
Tuesday 21 February 2012
Sheridan Smith is to play the wife of the train robber Ronnie Biggs in a five-part television drama based on her life.
The actress, who starred in the West End in Legally Blonde, The Musical, will play Charmian Biggs alongside the Ashes to Ashes star Daniel Mays, who will play the fugitive thief.
Charmian Biggs, who fled to Australia with her husband when he escaped from jail in 1965, is working with the makers of the programme on the show, which is called Mrs Biggs. She said: "I wanted it to be done as accurately as possible ... this was an opportunity to convey the rollercoaster of emotions involved."
Listen to his collaboration with Naughty Boymusic
Film review Michael Glatze biopic isn't about a self-hating gay man gone straight
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Tidal launch: The most pretentious lines from Alicia Keys' valedictory speech
- 2 Britain First 'acting like Ukip henchmen' by invading meeting of activists in revenge for pub protest against Nigel Farage
- 3 Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
- 4 Tidal: Jay Z's Spotify rival streaming service criticised for making wealthy artists even richer
- 5 Brixton squat flats now costing up to £3k per month show how out of control rent is in London
Ukip supporters are 55 or older, white and socially conservative, finds British Social Attitudes Report
Street preacher quoting from the Bible fined for calling homosexuality an 'abomination'
Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
David Cameron calls Labour 'hopeless, sneering socialists' while announcing 7-day NHS plans
Revealed: Putin's army of pro-Kremlin bloggers