Day In a Page
Thursday, 1 November 2012
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Genetic profiteering: scandal of firm 'hiding vital breast cancer data'
- Poverty causes people to worry leading to cycle of deprivation, says study
- Animal communication can't be compared to human speech, but Koshik was trying to make contact with his captors
- Look who's talking now...First it was the whale that said 'get out', now it's the elephant that says 'sit down'
- Farthest supernova yet marked death of very massive star
- They didn't see that coming: Psychics fail scientific test
- Soil on Mars 'is like Hawaii'
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- It's not neglect, it's our love of planting trees that has caused this disaster
- I was Denis MacShane's landlord
- Yes, I voted to cut the EU budget - like I said I would when Europe Minister. What's wrong with that?
- Referee Mark Clattenburg, racism in football, and why this is one act that just can't be cleaned up
- Hurricane Sandy: Ever wondered what it’ll be like when the money and oil run out?
- BBC’s ban on archive ‘Top of the Pops’ closes a window on our heritage
- Anya Hindmarch, Vivienne Westwood and why 'Women of the Year' is no way to celebrate women
- Where did all the pro-European Tories go? And is Michael Heseltine's report the way ahead?
- As Hurricane Sandy approached, I flew into New York. And I wondered: was this all my fault?
- Michael Bloomberg's endorsement of Barack Obama puts concern for the environment back at the heart of American politics - and thank goodness for that
- Errors & Omissions: Is it really so surprising that a horse should have living descendants?
- This week's wackiest web stories: Dog fight, STD cupcakes and the pros of being a psychopath
- Sales that leave our high streets in a bit of a pickle
- After the storm: New York pulls together in the wake of Hurricane Sandy
- Cocaine given to trick-or-treating children - perhaps it's the neighbours we should be worrying about
- An open letter to Private Eye
- Anonymous hackers threaten to take down Facebook, but in the fight between Anonymous and Zynga, everybody loses
- Danny Baker's live on air rant at BBC bosses shows their attitude to age isn't changing
- Why are they trending? Felix Baumgartner, #AskFelix, Stone Roses, #splashmeetandgreet
- Questionable Time: Jerry Springer, Star Spangled Dimbleby and the return of Shami Chakrabarti
- Sketch: When Energy Questions went all Gone with the Wind
- Hurricane Sandy blew Obama and Romney off course, but it's the President who has the momentum just days ahead of the election
- Why do we blame political apathy on politicians, when it's the people who are at fault?
- The Russian spring of the 1990s has passed. What happens now depends on the Opposition - and on us
- Labour and others have played a shameful role in the EU budget debate
- Have Justin Webb and the man from business school no idea what literature might actually be?
- Not many of us will mourn the passing of Comet, whose soulless stores made for a grim experience
- The evidence coming out of Tunisia points in one direction. The extremists are on the march
- As David Cameron meets today to discuss the Millenium Development Goals, he must not forget the environment
- Kauto Star will shine on his sport for ever
- Why are they trending? #nytbooks, #Movember, #NaNoWriMo, Patspetition
- A cheerful piece about dying alone
- Horror as young girls use contraception without permission from parents: why not try asking them about it?
- 'I don't know how we'll survive. All the shops are closed. People are without food and water'
- How bold can you be when you are sponsored by Barclaycard?
- Sketch: So Miliband's playing politics. So he's being opportunistic. So what?
- DNA data should be in public domain
- Chris Brown attends Rihanna's Halloween party dressed as an Islamic terrorist
- Post-Hurricane Sandy disaster tourism hits New York
- The Barack Obama 'Smug Face' Quiz: What do you really think about the US elections?
- Watch the entire history of the planet in under two minutes
- Guys! Women don't have a monopoly on work-life balance, you know
- Kate Moss on her ‘years of crying’ over Johnny Depp
- Nate Silver says state polling points to victory for Obama
- Star Wars VII story to be an ‘original’
- George Clooney, Lady Gaga, Jay-Z: how much do celebrity political endorsements matter?
- Creepy iPhone app retrieves Facebook bikini pics of your friends
- Romney's ‘staged’ Sandy relief event
- Editorial: An EU rebellion that warns of trouble ahead
- Editorial: How to improve life for the 'squeezed middle'
- Editorial: A mixed record – but Obama deserves to stay
- Editorial: Time to relegate league tables
- Editorial: Publish, or be damned
- Editorial: Savile's estate should be left to charity
- Editorial: Prince Andrew has no place helping Azerbaijan
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Advantage Samit Patel in No 6 race but questions remain over his spin
- Ruling in the Raj: Recalling the last time England won in India
- BBC resolve dispute over England tour of India
- South Africa captain Graeme Smith joins Surrey
- Samit Patel stakes claim as England's opening tour match of India meanders to draw
- Patel slips into No 6 box seat while KP offers the 'oomph'
- Lewis Hamilton and Sebastian Vettel set pace during practice for Abu Dhabi Grand Prix
- Lewis Hamilton departure 'a big loss' for McLaren concedes Jenson Button
- Ferrari break F1 curfew to help Fernando Alonso title bid
- Fearless Max Chilton primed to become latest Briton on Formula One circuit
- Paul di Resta hoping for change of fortune at Abu Dhabi Grand Prix
- Romain Grosjean expects to retain Lotus position
Arts & Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Traveller’s Guide: Shopping breaks
- Simon Calder: Ignorance is not always bliss; consumer protection in travel
- Traveller’s Guide: Shopping breaks
- My life in travel: Fern Britton
- Travel Agenda: Living the Thai life; Art in Arrivals; Devon delight; Dive in to the Galapagos
- Open Jaw: Where readers write back
- Stretch your boundaries
- Simon Calder: The man who pays his way in the USA
- From musical highs to the mountain heights
- USA by rail
- From town to the country
- Traveller's guide: Alaska
- On track for adventure
- The rhythm of the American seasons
- Cinematic majesty in historic Navajo country
- The Big Six
- Forgotten corners of the South-west
- Reflections on a journey
Money RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- The Bargain Hunter: New app can be an online grocery saver
- Simon Read: Financial ignorance is no excuse for not helping those who are facing extreme money problems
- Is it time to back a Romney rally?
- Five Questions About: Junior ISAs
- Banks 'must do more to push basic accounts'
- Money Insider: Scandal of PPI puts users off new-style cover
- China's new boss Xi Jinping holds the key to the next decade for investors
- Mark Dampier: Aberdeen Asset fund digs up some real gems in Asia
- Derek Pain: With shares, tiny acorns do not grow at all
- Donald MacInnes: I hate to go off the rails but I'm taking a golden helicopter
- Spotlight on: AA's Transfer Plus card
- Questions of Cash: I've been having a hard time trying to cancel my Norton software payments
- Poppy cash can help avoid debt despair
The food poverty scandal that shames Britain: Nearly 1m people rely on handouts to eat – and benefit reforms may be to blame
US Navy christens huge $3 billion destroyer ship USS Zumwalt that appears as a fishing boat on enemy radar
Scottish independence: It is the English who should be on their knees, begging the Scots to vote ‘No’
Nigel Farage fatigue? Half of voters ‘immune’ to Ukip’s appeal
'Sinful': Video of British Muslims dancing to Pharrell Williams's hit Happy comes under attack
Nigel Farage: I’m taking on the status quo, and the Establishment’s fighting back
- 1 'Natural' energy drink banned for containing erectile dysfunction drug
- 2 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 3 Dylan Tombides: West Ham confirm 20-year-old striker has died after battle with cancer
- 4 Loch Ness Monster found on Apple Maps?
- 5 Angus Steakhouse: How does tourist staple continue to thrive in today's gourmet market?