Day In a Page
Wednesday, 1 May 2013
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- 'Appalling irresponsibility': Senior scientists attack Chinese researchers for creating new strains of influenza virus in veterinary laboratory
- World's smallest movie: IBM uses individual atoms to make record-breaking short film of boy kicking football
- Video: Nasa releases time-lapse video of giant sun explosion
- It's all in the brain! Scientists slow down ageing in mice
- Sir Alan Smith: Wingman to Douglas Bader who became a fighter ace in his own right
- Deanna Durbin: Actress and singer who became one of the biggest stars in Hollywood
- Chris Kelly: Rapper who hit the charts with the '90s duo Kriss Kross
- Angelines Villacampa: Guide and conservationist who restored a village in the Pyrenees
- Stephen Dodgson: Composer hailed for his guitar works
- Sandor Racz: Labour activist who helped lead Hungary's anti-Soviet resistance during 1956
- François Jacob: Geneticist who helped discover 'the core of life'
- Allan Arbus: Photographer who went on to become an actor best known on television in 'M*A*S*H'
- Bishop Aloysius Jin Luxian: Priest who spent 20 years in jail under Mao
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- War reporting - a veteran’s guide: Shot at, seized by a murderous mob and chased by kidnappers...
- Grace Dent: Roache is the latest celeb in the dock and we’re the judge and jury. It makes me uneasy
- If you ask me...there are some other people who could hand you back some cash, Iain Duncan Smith
- The volunteering spirit of London Olympics 2012 will perish without a new big idea
- Look on the bright side: There’s a roaring heroin trade in Afghanistan, and it's all thanks to us
- So it's Bayern Munich versus Borussia Dortmund at Wembley - If this is the Fourth Reich, count me in
- Holland is proof that the less power a monarch has the more we seem to love them
- A generation who don't care for nature, but it's the parents who are to blame
- Remembering Justin Fashanu a different way, 15 years after his death
- Heard the one about the Orthodox Jewish woman suing Lancôme over fading Sabbath make-up?
- Teach them about porn! How else will kids know if what they've seen or heard is right or wrong?
- Voices in Danger: Chad - Journalist seized in front of his family and thrown into a disease-ridden jail for investigating the government
- Race is part of the body image conversation, so why don't we talk about it?
- Insert your reason here why Amanda Knox is guilty/innocent
- This pensioner isn’t giving his benefits back
- Corrupt, ineffective and hypocritical: Britain should give less aid, not more
- Can't we enjoy our food without a photo shoot?
- FA, PFA and moral outrage: how does one quantify the severity of racism?
- Women, the first casualties of recession
- Need knows no gender
- Free press under siege in Sri Lanka
- Voices in Danger: In Libya, Gaddafi's media suppression lingers
- Bless you! From tissue boxes to toilets, soon our domestic appliances could talk...
- Poll: Is this a photo of UKIP candidate Alex Wood giving a Nazi salute? Or imitating a plant?
- Now that's payback! Reginald D. Hunter has the last laugh with his Facebook album from PFA awards
- Barack Obama will need more than goodwill to close Guantanamo
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- £200m masterplan to revamp Lord's unveiled
- 'We're nobody's starter': New Zealand ready for summer tour of England
- Graeme Swann's day spoilt by Phil Mustard cutting a dash for Durham
- Mark Wood right at home to torment Notts yet again
- New Zealand coach Mike Hesson fires warning to England
- County Championship round-up: Graeme Smith suffers third cheap dismissal in four innings for Surrey
- County Championship round-up: Joe Root adds to reputation after hitting 232 against Derbyshire
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Money RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Rotherham child sex abuse scandal: Labour Home Office to be probed over what Tony Blair's government knew - and when
What do immigrants really think of Britain? Polish immigrant's Reddit post goes viral
Ashya King: Parents of five-year-old boy refused permission to visit him in hospital and denied bail at Spanish court
With Douglas Carswell joining Ukip, my party has taken another giant step forward
When elitism grips the top of British society to this extent, there is only one answer: abolish private schools
Ashya King: 'Cruel NHS has not given us the treatment we need', says father of five-year-old with brain tumour who fled to Spain
- 2 Saudis risk new Muslim division with proposal to move Mohamed’s tomb
- 3 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- 4 Cee Lo Green: It is only rape if the victim is conscious
- 5 Nigerian witch-finder Helen Ukpabio threatens legal action against human rights organisations