Day In a Page
- The next Director General will need a tough hide - and real support
- Diary: Entwistle was helped onto his sword by the brilliant John Humphrys
- If Assad goes, Hezbollah will be alone in the Levant – much to the delight of Israel
- The body harpies have it in for Adele. For the sake of all women, let's hope she stays strong
- Newsnight and the BBC might have screwed up, but the real victims of this are being forgotten - again
- Too close for comfort: Prime Ministers, the arms industry, and Remembrance Day
- The Republican Party: The death of America’s angry white man
- 'I was a tiny part of something that really mattered'
- A shot at glory: President Obama's second chance
- Middle Eastern snakes exceed ladders for the US
- Our zombie church has a new leader. So what?
- The Emperor's New Clothes (11/11/12)
- I've discovered how to lose weight: fast
- Growing up in the White House: Trials, tribulations and triumphs
- After the Pink List, the social media deluge
- Politicians beware! It's live TV
- David Cameron and the impossibility of modern politics
- You don't have to copy Bradley Wiggins. There is a better way
- Why I won't be voting for a police commissioner
- Blame the establishment! (But which one?)
- 'Routine screening would stop suffering'
- It's no different to being a minister, says Dorries
- Philip Roth is a true great with range and chutzpah
- Why ‘Dad’s Army’ still makes us laugh
- Let councils sell our great works of art – just don't let them vanish
- You don't have to be able to see the future to get the benefit of good timing
- Rant & Rave: A bad week for a naked Sienna Miller, but a good one for Adele
- Stephen Bayley: Fact and fantasy – in the right hands – can work magic
- Cruise Report: Christmas cheer on a Caribbean cruise
- Great Getaways: Seasonal Sweden, desert Dubai, luxury Vietnam and New Zealand road trip
- Tips and deals of the week: Ansel Adams exhibition, the Outlook Lodge and Manu National Park
- 1 Pope Francis: Being an atheist is alright as long as you do good
- 2 Man and woman arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to murder victim of Woolwich machete attack, named as Drummer Lee Rigby
- 3 'Sickening, deluded and unforgivable': Horrific attack brings terror to London’s streets
- 4 Archaeologists uncover nearly 5,000 cave paintings in Burgos, Mexico
- 5 Lord of the Sings: Sir Christopher Lee, 91, to release heavy metal album
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Nook is donating eReaders to volunteers at high-need schools and participating in exclusive events throughout the campaign.
Get the latest on The Evening Standard's campaign to get London's children reading.
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.