Day In a Page
Monday, 11 March 2013
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Resistance to antibiotics is 'ticking time bomb' - stark warning from Chief Medical Officer Dame Sally Davies
- Chief Medical Officer Dame Sally Davies: Resistance to antibiotics risks health 'catastrophe' to rank with terrorism and climate change
- Meet Alma, the alien hunting telescope
- Meet Alma, the alien hunting telescope that can see 12 billion years into the past
- Truth turns out to be far stranger than science fiction as Nasa Kepler space telescope discovers weird planets
- 800 samples showed antibiotic resistance last year, says agency as it backs Chief Medical Officer's warning
- Does real beauty even shine through a grimace?
- Life on Mars, in Utah
- Tony Gubba: Veteran sports commentator and presenter of 'Dancing on Ice'
- Stompin' Tom Connors: Singer who celebrated his native Canada in his music
- Dirk Coetzee: Death squad commander who helped expose apartheid's killing machine
- Ava June: Lyric soprano equally at home with Britten, Wagner and Italian romantic opera
- Luis Cubilla: Footballer and coach with Uruguay and Paraguay
- Jimmy Corbin: Last surviving Spitfire pilot from the Battle of Britain
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Can the four-day working week really be the future?
- Petronella, paedophilia, and the wrong lesson to draw from Olivier’s pass
- Why we went our own way on Leveson
- It rather defeats the point of a novel if the paperback has an extra chapter
- Time to help small businesses
- Stockmarkets across the world are back to previous highs, but is that good news?
- Don’t knock Sandberg – we can learn from her
- Not since the 1980s have our leaders so cruelly bullied the poor
- Silence of the Duchess: Sandi Toksvig wants Kate Middleton to speak out more, but imagine the fury it would cause if she did
- Age is no barrier to being a great parent - and I should know
- The government does not care about young people
- Why the bad feeling for footballers on the rich list?
- ‘Lose 12kg in two weeks’: Why Facebook must get rid of these dangerous and extreme weight loss ads
- Women in the criminal justice system – the forgotten voice of NHS reform?
- I know what Chris Huhne and Vicky Pryce will face - my background may as well have been Mars to fellow prisoners
- Prison will be a less terrifying experience for Chris Huhne than facing his ex-wife’s fury
- Does our new national identity have to be quite so life-affirming?
- Watch out Ray 'taxes are rape' Winstone - the PC Brigade is back and this time they've got a point
- Missing the points? As Chris Huhne is sentenced to eight months in prison, our society must start taking road safety more seriously
- Labour and the Tories both think they'll lose 2015 and they can't both be right
- If you don't like offensive comedians like Frankie Boyle, why are you repeating their jokes?
- Virginia Ironside's Dilemmas: I need my mother by my side, how can I stand by and watch her die?
- Surely the whole point of a quiz is its essential uselessness
- A holiday for the senses: You can tell you're abroad from a glance at the local press
- The primary school teaching about pig rearing is right: Children must understand meat production
- As he and Vicky Pryce are jailed, Chris Huhne shows politicians should steer clear of driving
- Today the EU goes cruelty-free, but is the beauty industry’s commitment more than skin deep?
- We need a stricter definition of bullying
- Alligator learns to swim with prosthetic tail
- Poll: As he and Vicky Pryce are sentenced, do you think Chris Huhne's punishment is fair?
- Poll: As she and Chris Huhne are sentenced, is Vicky Pryce's punishment fair?
- ‘Have a real #1D tattoo? Show us!’ Were One Direction right to remove their request to fans?
- Editorial: No more women-only prizes
- Editorial: We can and must stop another Savile
- Editorial: Osborne has little room for manoeuvre
- Editorial: Time for the media to find a compromise on Leveson recommendations
- Editorial: The NHS and Demos - it’s a bad idea to stigmatise the poor
- Editorial: Nasa Kepler shows a reality even stranger than science fiction
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Angus Fraser: The 'Baggy Green' must mean less now than it did in my day
- England keen to reassert the status quo in New Zealand
- Player bans can inspire Australia to Ashes success says James Pattinson
- The Queenstown effect: Andy Flower defends England players amid criticism
- Andy Flower confident Stuart Broad turning the corner on comeback trail
- Shane Watson 'considering future' after he and three others are dropped from Australia cricket team for India Test after not doing their homework
- Cheltenham Festival: Odds stacked more than ever in favour of the Goliaths of jump racing
- Cheltenham Festival 2013: Hurricane Fly regains Champion Hurdle
- Cheltenham Festival: Opening race delayed amid weather concerns
- James Lawton: Cheltenham's tales of guts and glory will dispel stale air left by latest football row
- Cheltenham Festival: Take Zarkandar to zip in and steal former champions' crown
- Cheltenham Festival: Nicky Henderson relieved after Simonsig's antics
- Cheltenham Festival: Sizing can offer real measure of Sacre's greatness
- Cheltenham Festival: Boston Bob to score for Willie Mullins and set sights on future Gold Cup glory
- Jon Freeman: Quevega's famous five is a boy's own dream come true for Willie Mullins
- Cheltenham Festival 2013: Mullins and Hurricane Fly bring warmth to Irish hearts
- James Lawton: Glittering Ruby Walsh warms hearts and minds to confirm his brilliant legacy
- Cheltenham Festival 2013: Nicky Henderson trained Simonsig wins Arkle Challenge Trophy
- Cheltenham Festival 2013: Champagne Fever wins the first race on opening day
- Cheltenham Festival: Cause Of Causes value to gatecrash the winner's tent in Festival opener
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
The 'scroungers’ fight back: The welfare claimants battling to alter stereotypes
Arizona execution lasts two hours as killer Joseph Wood left 'snorting and gasping' for air
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Ukrainian military jet was flying close to passenger plane before it was shot down, says Russian officer
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Massive rise in sale of British arms to Russia
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: victims’ bodies bundled in black bags and loaded onto trains
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
- 1 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 2 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
- 3 Satellite full of sexually experimental geckos adrift in space, Russia loses control of mission
- 4 Exclusive: Cameron’s Big Society in tatters as charity watchdog launches investigation into claims of Government funding misuse
- 5 Israel has discovered that it's no longer so easy to get away with murder in the age of social media