Day In a Page
Monday, 12 November 2012
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Harry McShane: 1950s Manchester United stalwart
- John Coates: Film producer best known for 'The Snowman' and 'Yellow Submarine'
- Carmen Basilio: Boxer who beat Sugar Ray Robinson for a world title
- Sir Rex Hunt: Diplomat who stood up to the Argentinians during the Falklands War
- Patriarch Maxim: Church leader under communism
- Eric Taplin: Pioneering historian of dock labour
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Jeremy Hunt defended the Tories' defence of the NHS. Alas for him, Tory colleagues were plotting to revive orange boiler suits and a sense of shame
- Margaret Moran: A morality tale of greed, 37,000 stamps, and a charming home in Spain
- Google, Starbucks, and Amazon... for these multinationals immorality is now standard practice
- Don't punish victims of violent crime further by removing compensation they desperately need
- Movie etiquette: a screening of James Bond's Skyfall is no place to change your Facebook status
- Whether you like it or not, the era of much smaller government is fast approaching in Britain
- The main thing lacking in the David Petraeus, Paula Broadwell and Jill Kelley sex scandal is... sex
- For decades, the likes of Newsnight and Panorama have been bywords for exceptional journalism
- Rupert Murdoch, Newsnight and why we should wish the BBC many happy returns today
- Britain's real sporting heroes aren't the stars of 2012, but the tireless coaches working in our schools
- Obama is set to visit Burma - but will he help the tormented Rohingya people?
- War is never glorious, so why we do we bully those who protest against poppy culture?
- They've still got the shortlist from last time, but which candidate can rescue the BBC?
- Why are they trending? Abu Qatada, Happy Diwali, Omnishambles
- Entwistle's pay-off is a boiling point for the BBC
- From Tooting to Islington, our high streets are bereft of buzz and variety
- What a democratic revolution in the Somerset town of Frome could teach our political class
- For all their faults, Newsnight and Jeremy Paxman are too good for the BBC to sacrifice because of the scandals over Jimmy Savile and Lord MacAlpine
- The Archbishop-elect shows no fear of demons in pinstripe suits
- Diary: A Murdoch whose beliefs could help save the BBC
- Why the downfall of adulterous CIA head David Petraeus is not all bad news for President Obama
- BBC scandal: The seeds of disaster lay in a bloated management structure
- Jeremy Paxman is wrong: Newsnight's errors were the product of shoddy journalism, not budget cuts
- If you ask me...Christmas is in the air. I've already sniffed it
- Thursdays in the Park and the undignified rise of grey sexiness
- Virginia Ironside's Dilemma: Girls guide?
- After my mother's death I realised modern medicine fails to prepare us for the inevitable
- Child abuse: Rochdale MP calls for "the truth" about Sir Cyril Smith
- Don't let this feeding frenzy kill off Newsnight
- Why are they trending? #BBC, Sir Rex Hunt, Girls Aloud
- There's another Bridget Jones in the diary, but no more Philip Roth
- Newsnight crisis: it is inconceivable that further heads will not roll
- High life is great, providing you've got the head for it
- Top 10 Facebook posts from the Obama campaign
- How I was drawn into the cult of David Petraeus
- Victoria's Secret: Shaming the Native American headdress?
- That's right, ‘GIF’ is Oxford English Dictionaries' word of the year
- ‘Destroy the sphinx and the pyramids’, says Egyptian jihadist
- How to spot an extramarital affair: Those close to Petraeus saw the early signs
- The ugliest shoes of all time
- Is methane hydrate the answer to the energy crisis?
- The $480,000 dress : The Wizard of Oz dress is sold in a Hollywood auction
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Compton can live up to his famous name, says Chris Cowdrey
- Swann is back but doubts remain over Finn and Broad
- England's batsmen prepare to dig in for victory
- Steven Finn unlikely to be fit for first Test against India
- Ed Cowan and captain Michael Clarke lead Australia fightback against South Africa
- England confident they can deal with Ravichandran Ashwin
- Five issues which could make England homesick
- Roger Federer more motivated than ever after defeat to Novak Djokovic
- Murray shrugs off Federer defeat at end of year with plenty to cheer
- No glorious finale for Andy Murray as Roger Federer calls the shots
- Djokovic digs deep to find final answer to the Federer question
- Roger Federer ready for Novak Djokovic after ousting Andy Murray
- Newman given excellence award by ATP
- Marray takes earnings beyond £200k
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- 1 Tim Sherwood challenges Daniel Levy to set out vision for Tottenham Hotspur’s future
- 2 French pub fined €9,000 after customers returned empties to bar - because it's 'undeclared labour'
- 3 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 4 #Teamnigella: It’s the only side to be on
- 5 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber is 'retiring from music'