Day In a Page
Wednesday, 12 December 2012
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Lisa Della Casa: Soprano who distinguished herself with her Richard Strauss interpretations
- Ravi Shankar: Sitar virtuoso and composer whose work introduced Indian music to Western audiences
- David Relin: Author accused of fabrication
- Lives Remembered: Marian Lines
- Lawrence Guyot: Civil rights activist
- Huw Lloyd Langton: Guitarist with space-rock giants Hawkwind
- Alex Moulton: Designer whose eponymous lightweight bicycle became a symbol of the Sixties
- Martin Richards: Producer
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Don't be too hasty in writing off newspapers
- After the census, how about a survey on how surveys affect us all?
- Syria, France, and why nothing divides people quite like a common cause - especially in a crisis
- There is hope for damaged victims of a brutal diamond war in the Central African Republic
- Square eyes, warped souls: In every sense screens are playing a bigger part in British lives
- Wake up: these new sources of energy will change the world
- The museum that reminds you of the true value of journalism
- Putin's right this time: If you’re going to have children, then three is the magic number
- Campaigning documentaries might have fallen out of fashion, but movies can still change the world
- Miscarriage isn't the same experience for every parent, but the aftercare needs to be sensitive every time
- Have you ever wondered if our obesity rates and terrible sports facilities are perhaps related?
- Winterbourne View: As carers, sometimes we reach breaking point. Please don't make a difficult decision even harder
- Israel's new Hatnuah movement may support a two state solution, but it isn't the radical force it seems
- Free, but not safe: The former child soldiers forced to flee rebel surge
- The Hobbit movie is no fantasy for animals
- Christmas lights - is it just festive ‘peacocking’?
- Extravagant, yes, exotic, certainly – but black swans aren't as rare as you may think
- From Winona to Angus, now we know how long rehabilitation takes
- These fines for HSBC, Standard Chartered and LLoyds prove there's one law for US banks, another for Europe's
- Mixed race children and young people are individual nation states. They defy classification
- Excuse me, but are you fluent in colour swatch? Can you speak Farrow & Ball?
- Tantric sex similes don't usually turn me on. But I'm excited about David Cameron's speech on Europe
- Cameron at the PMQs: 'We are raising money for the rich'
- So the Pope's tweeting, but do we really want ethical advice in 140 characters?
- No smoke without fire: how riot stereotypes damage Tottenham
- How the internet is transforming democracy
- The Pope may have joined Twitter over a week ago, but he's only just tweeted. How did he do?
- The legacy of Savile's abuse must lead to change
- NHS food standards: An exclusive kind of compassion
- Jacintha Saldanha deserves to be more than a fable
- After what my son and I went through, I support greater press access to the Court of Protection
- The Court of Protection is subject to unprecedented scrutiny. But there's still a long way to go
- The Court of Protection: how journalists and lawyers can open the closed doors of justice
- FHM, Virgin and Zoo Australia: The 12 Days of Misogyny
- Economic woes ensure more deadlock
- Peace will not break out without tough bargaining
- Kim Jong Un voted Person of the Year by TIME readers
- Poll: Is two years in prison the right punishment for man who defaced Rothko painting?
- Civil servants waste time on Facebook, Amazon and cricket site
- Google makes porn harder to find
- Solitary Udinese fan wins hearts at away game
- The cruise ship from hell: Passengers told to stay in cabins as norovirus breaks out
- Rolling Stones and Springsteen rock 12/12/12 Hurricane Sandy concert
- Poll: Will the world end on 21st December?
- Spread of super mutant (ninja?) rats makes catchers ask for stronger poison
- After ‘milking’ and ‘porting’, now St Andrews students are ‘champagning’
- Free Ravi Shankar Download: get his 1950s debut album today only
- One Pound Fish man takes on X Factor winner James Arthur: Who will be our Christmas number one?
- End of the world: Official Website!
- Spice Girls ‘Viva Forever’: a round-up of the reviews
- End of the World? Pah. NASA has other ideas
- Maya from Zero Dark Thirty is the real Carrie Mathison from Homeland
- The end of the world is nigh!
- Wealthy Dutch creationist builds life-sized replica of Noah's Ark in time for the Apocalypse
- It wasn't the end of the world, but asteroid 4179 Toutatis did pass close to Earth last night
- Editorial: Mr Obama wins, with or without a budget deal
- Editorial: Finucane lays bare the amoral face of Britain
- Editorial: Botched in courtroom translation
- Editorial: Dangerous signals from Pyongyang
- Editorial: A silly warning that conveys a serious message
- Editorial: When East came West and the twain met
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Kevin Pietersen helps England close on 199 after poor start to Fourth Test
- Root shows true grit after England's top order wobbles in face of history
- Fletcher's stony silence speaks volumes about India's decline
- Dhoni keeps calm and carries on as answers become more elusive
- Morgan steps in for T20 series as Broad is forced home
- Stuart Broad and Steven Finn to return home early from India tour
- Steven Finn doubtful for fourth Test against India
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Nigel Farage: NHS might have to be replaced by private health insurance
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
French court convicts three over homophobic tweets, in case hailed as a 'significant victory' by LGBT rights campaigners
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
British Muslim school children suffering a backlash of abuse following Paris attacks
George Galloway condemns 'racist, Islamophobic, hypocritical rag' Charlie Hebdo at freedom of speech rally
- 1 UK weather: Snow to fall in the coming week with sub-zero temperatures to last until early February
- 2 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 3 The enemy within: People who hear voices in their heads are being encouraged to talk back
- 4 Phil Neville backtracks on Tomas Rosicky 'I'd smash him' comments from Match of the Day 2
- 5 British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia