Day In a Page
Tuesday, 12 February 2013
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Donald Byrd: Trumpeter and bandleader who offended critics with his mixture of jazz and soul
- Guy Tozzoli: Architect who oversaw the building of the World Trade Centre
- Rick Huxley: Bassist with the Dave Clark Five
- John Kerr: Actor best known as the sensitive college boy seduced in 'Tea and Sympathy'
- Rabbi David Hartman: Philosopher who brought a liberal approach to Judaism
- Bob Levenson: Advertising director who helped inspire the series 'Madmen'
- Jim Patterson: 'The Goal King of Queen of the South'
- Peter Gilmore: Actor who found fame on the stage and as hero of 'The Onedin Line'
- Zhuang Zedong The accidental architect of 'ping-pong diplomacy'
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- They bite babies, kill chickens, and have noisy sex. Why on earth would we want a cull of urban foxes?
- A whole new scandal that could damage The Sun
- As if the other Jeremy was in the hot seat!
- Gary Goldsmith, Kate Middleton's uncle, is a right royal party planner. Bottoms up!
- Ed Miliband’s big speeches raise more questions than they answer. Now is the time for policy
- How to sell horsemeat and sub-prime loans
- Sign up for our weekly bulletin: a new service from the Independent Voices team
- Bar the odd grounding, these enormous technological advances help us take flight
- The difference between a Jew and an Israeli is no more difficult to grasp than a Catholic and an Italian
- The workfare at Poundland judgement: Great news, but let’s not get too ahead of ourselves
- The Pope’s resignation: Will the Church move towards progressive Christianity?
- Fleetwood Mac for a mere £125: Has the rock ‘n’ roll resurgence become too expensive?
- Judging by the complaints, sanctions are inflicting pain
- Jewel-encrusted limos, corseted croupiers: who could resist a flutter online?
- There will be no currency war. But why did the G7 have to say it?
- North Korea: A nuclear tragedy which plays out as comedy
- Barack Obama, the fiscal cliff, and why the State of the Union could mark a Wile E Coyote moment
- Out of proportion? We're surprised by fat rich kids, yet expect it of the poor
- It’s now accepted that learning has to be profitable to be valid
- Yes, Page 3 is bad for women. But so are the photos in OK! magazine
- However you feel about Chris Huhne, it would have been a travesty for him to have stayed in office
- Victory against Workfare proves a point my generation has known all along - the system is taking advantage of us
- The Real George Orwell, rescued from endless parody and tiresome idiom for a new generation
- Spare a thought for the comedians as the Pope gets on his horse
- See it away: This time, Cambridge drinking society antics deserve the predictable backlash
- The story of the ‘ex-gay’ blogger exposed on Grindr isn’t funny, it’s just heartbreaking
- The 20th anniversary of James Bulger's death: a tragic episode and its shameful legacy
- After Paxman shamed student on University Challenge, here's the presenter's top 5 ‘rude’moments
- Are magazines right to publish pictures of pregnant Kate Middleton in a bikini?
- State of the Union? Marco Rubio, Tupac and Notorious BIG
- Poll: Findus horsemeat lasagne offered at £70 on eBay, but how much would you pay?
- Obama's State of the Union address: Reaction and key moments
- Poll: ‘How to be an MP’ is the most withdrawn book from House of Commons, but which title would you most recommend our politicians?
- Graduate's workfare victory: the response
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- New Zealand beat England by 55 runs in second T20
- Have Australia fallen to most shameful collapse?
- England's hopes of retaining Women's Cricket World Cup over despite victory over New Zealand
- England can 'bully' Australia during the Ashes, says Matt Prior
- 'I was wrong' admits Stuart Broad after his call costs England
- Stuart Broad admits decision to bowl first against New Zealand was a mistake
- England cling to final chance in Women's T20 World Cup
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Airlines fly into a rage as Heathrow warns charges must climb steeply
- Romantic retreats: One-room wonders
- Designed for the Jet Age
- Can you recommend a safe and central place to stay for two young women in New York?
- Deals of the week: Ferry deals, Grindelwald skiing, Tuscany
- Get me out of here: Saint Lucia, Vietnam, Lopud
Money RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Pope Francis declares evolution and Big Bang theory are real and God is not 'a magician with a magic wand'
Huge surge in Ukip support after EU funding row, according to new poll
Ukip ‘exploiting grooming scandal’ to secure party’s first police chief
Nigel Farage: 'There’s nothing wrong with white people blacking up'
Maureen Lipman says 'she can't vote Labour while Ed Miliband is leader'
Muslims, immigration and teenage pregnancy: British people are ignorant about almost everything
- 1 'Nasa Confirms Six Days of Darkness in December': No, they don't - it's a hoax
- 2 Canadian actor punched in face after 'Islamophobia' experiment goes wrong in wake of Ottawa shooting
- 3 Woman blinded as a child can see again after hitting her head on a coffee table
- 4 Paul Hollywood: Police asked if I wanted them to arrest Mary Berry for vandalism after she 'defaced' my car
- 5 If you think Russell Brand’s new book is confused, you should read what his critics have to say about it