Day In a Page
Saturday, 12 July 2014
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Shops inundated with fake wines and vodkas which 'can cause blindness,' public warned
- Temperatures set 'to creep to 30 degrees' in the south before thunderstorms wade in
- Emmerdale actors lead tributes to child actor Harry Whittaker
- Untaxed foreign cars cost UK millions, and agencies are too slow to crack down, RAC says
- Mother and baby in hospital after car collides with pram in North London
- Matthew Barzun: America's diplomatic dude
- Barack Obama fist bumps Texas restaurant employee in support of gay rights
- Fry ‘criticises Operation Yewtree in dinner party rant’ calling for tougher laws to deter false sex abuse allegations
- Tracy Morgan crash: Comedian sues Walmart over truck crash that injured him and killed friend
- Tommy Ramone dead: Last surviving founder and drummer seminal punk band The Ramones dies aged 62
- Microplastic waste: This massive (tiny) threat to sea life is now in every ocean
- Scientists find early warning system for Alzheimer’s in the retina and lens of the eye
- Supermoon 2014 in pictures: Moon appeared bigger and brighter at the weekend
- Blackest is the new black: Scientists develop a material so dark that you can't see it...
- Baboons keep their grouchy friends happy in the morning so they'll be nice the rest of the day
- Growing up on a farm halves risk of developing inflammatory bowel disease, study says
- Supermoon season: first of three massive moons can be seen tonight
- Japanese plant experts produce 10,000 lettuce heads a day in LED-lit indoor farm
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Mrs Brown and her boys: are they having a laugh?
- General election latest: computer model predicts the Lib Dems might have even more influence
- Gastric bands are as useful as a plaster on a severed artery
- In sickness and in health: It’s been stormy but there are blessings in the clouds
- Keep the champagne on ice – there are some clear and worrying signs that the economy is slowing
- When both Palestinians and Israelis think we are biased, we must be doing something right
- The press is using ‘paedomania’ to wrongfoot politicians post phone-hacking
- Why doesn't the media ever mention the lack of progress in the Middle East?
- Cameron is under pressure to misrepresent the Tory party as a reflection of the electorate
- Israel’s reaction has been vicious and misdirected
- Refugee children from Central America let down by Washington's high ideals
- Iraq crisis: How Saudi Arabia helped Isis take over the north of the country
- A strong pound is a great tonic, but it's not an end in itself
- As the debate on climate change has proven, balance should never get in the way of scientific truth
- Gordon Brown could have had a woman as deputy PM. He bottled it
- What happens in Shagaluf no longer stays there
- Women wait for the call: This week's reshuffle is David Cameron's chance to act on his one-third pledge
- A bag? In the bagging area? Whatever next?
- Who is the winner of this World Cup? Twitter
- Simon Usborne: The more you watch pro cycling, the more you understand its social complexity
- Estates of the nation: Let's hear it for the man in the street
- i Editor's Letter: The final instalment of our WW1 series
- DJ Taylor: Veteran journalist Felicity Frant's children are tolerant of their mother's ransacking almost every drawer of their private lives
- Middle Class Problems: People have no idea how much stress is involved in maintaining a second home
- Charlotte Philby's Parental Leave: My daughter is careering on a bike while pontificating loudly
- Alison Taylor on relationships: Warning - smoking aids your love life
- Tim Key: Tandoori Fort customer is just one of my many nicknames...
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- England vs India report: Record-breaking stand between centurion Joe Root and James Anderson rescues England
- England vs India report: Alastair Cook finds reason to smile but England face trying summer
- Michael Calvin: ‘Burnley’s Lara’ Jimmy Anderson suspends disbelief
- England vs India: Genuine No 11 Jimmy Anderson will treasure memory of his great knock
- James Anderson and Joe Root 10th wicket stand: World record feat in numbers
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Kenya issues terror alert over travel to UK airports
- Marcel Theroux: Lonely tales of a long-distance diner
- Turkey, Brazil, India and Vietnam: Great getaways
- New Forest and the purple emperor butterfly: Wildlife weekend
- The Saturday Miscellany: How to hitch-hike; post festival blues; Anthony Horowitz's bookshelf; Chineasy flashcards
- Simon Calder: Heathrow's Terminal 2, barely powered up and it's unfit for the job
- Rhodri Marsden's Interesting Objects: The saucy postcard
- Singapore's Food Festival, Arctic Reindeer Migration, and a literary London hotel: Travel agenda
- John Niven: My life in travel
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
Amal Alamuddin calls for the return of the Elgin Marbles from Britain: 'Injustice has persisted for too long'
London bus driver 'kicks gay couple off for kissing'
Lord Freud: Tory welfare minister apologises after saying disabled people are 'not worth’ the minimum wage
- 1 Jack the Ripper: Scientist who claims to have identified notorious killer has 'made serious DNA error'
- 2 Banksy arrest hoax: Internet duped by fake report claiming street artist's identity has been revealed
- 3 Drink alcohol and eat meat to improve male fertility - but cut down on coffee, studies suggest
- 4 Former East 17 frontman Brian Harvey turns up at Downing Street and 'demands to speak to Prime Minister'
- 5 The inventor of the Facebook 'like' button says he never made a 'dislike' button because he feared the 'unfortunate consequences'